State College, PA (PRWEB) July 19, 2011
Remcom announces a new version of its electromagnetic simulation software, XFdtd® Release 7 (XF7), updating the product to Release 7.2.1. Notable new features include a standard materials database which is included with the XFdtd installation and the ability to combine SAR results from multiple sources.
The materials library contains over 250 material definitions, most of which are generic conductors and dielectrics commonly used by Remcom’s customers. The library also includes the full catalog of materials from Rogers Corporation, with collections from additional vendors to follow later this year.
Remcom has also added the ability to post-process SAR values from the simulation results of multiple sources, especially important for mobile device manufacturers that need to keep up with next generation LTE requirements.
Other enhancements include:
- XStream acceleration for simulations with Time-dependent Materials
- Antenna diversity, including independent PDFs for E_phi and E_theta
- Enhanced tools for creating and manipulating primitive geometric shapes: Sphere, Cylinder, Cone, Cuboid, Torus, Pyramid, Prism, Frustum and Helix
- Scaling of voxel models, with options for Modify, Transform, and Scale
- Visualization and creation of Nanometer-scale geometry
- Improved and more automatic convergence control via new options for the Termination Criteria of simulations
- Automatic time domain sampling of results based on Frequency Range of Interest
- Visualization of manual Fixed Points
- Additional context menu items allow more direct access to commonly used functionality (like editing Features)
XF7 is available in both Pro and Bio-Pro versions. Both include XStream GPU acceleration, 32- or 64-bit analysis module, geometric modeler and postprocessor, shared memory multiprocessor (MPM) at eight cores, and a comprehensive variety of 3D CAD import modules. The Bio-Pro version also includes SAR capability and high fidelity human body meshes. XFdtd users without an active Remcom Professional Support contract can upgrade to the latest version of Release 7 by contacting sales(at)remcom(dot)com.
About Remcom: Remcom provides innovative electromagnetic simulation software and consulting services. XFdtd, the company’s full wave 3D EM solver, simplifies the analysis of complex EM problems and leads the market in FDTD-based modeling and simulation. Remcom’s products are used for antenna design, bio/EM effects, MRI, microwave circuits, RFID, military and defense applications, EMC/EMI, and more. Remcom is committed to its customers’ unique needs, offering flexible licensing options for installations of all sizes as well as custom engineered solutions.
# # #