Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 20, 2012
As an alternative to the Texas State Fair, DallasVegan.com will soon host the Texas State Veggie Fair on Oct. 21. In conjunction with this vegetable-themed event, Massage School San Diego, a supporter of vegan foods, healthy living and massage therapy schools in San Diego, has created a recipe for vegan corn dogs, in hopes of offering readers a healthy alternative to fair food.
DallasVegan.com, a nonprofit organization that promotes the vegetarian and vegan lifestyle, will soon host the Texas State Veggie Fair, a healthy alternative to the Texas State Fair. The Veggie Fair will take place Oct. 21 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Dallas’ Reverchon Park. It will feature vegan foods from more than 30 vendors, as well as live music, entertainment and games. There will also be vegan cooking demonstrations by local chefs.
As DallasVegan.com prepares to host the Texas State Veggie Fair, Massage School San Diego has issued a recipe for vegan corn dogs, with aims of providing readers with a healthy fair food alternative.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, wheat flour, baking powder, salt, paprika, mustard, garlic power, onion powder, pepper, egg substitute, sugar, and just 1/3 cup of coconut milk.
3. Once those are blended together, slowly add the remaining 1/3 cup of coconut milk until the mix is soft and moistened. Stop adding milk if it gets to soupy or wet. Mix thoroughly.
4. Take each tofu dog and mold a healthy portion of the cornmeal mixture around it. Make sure the tofu dog is completely covered, and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until all tofu dogs have been covered.
5. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees until they corn dogs are golden and crisp. If desired, insert a popsicle stick or cakepop stick into the bottom of each to achieve the traditional corn dog look.
In conjunction with DallasVegan.com’s Texas State Veggie Fair, Massage School San Diego has released a recipe for vegan corn dogs, offering a healthy alternative to state fair food.
About Massage School San Diego:
A long-standing resource to the San Diego massage education community, MassageSchoolSanDiego.com provides guidance and assistance to incoming massage students, incoming attendees, and the massage schools of San Diego themselves. MSSD is also a purveyor of health news, healthy living tips, and healthy eating advice for man and animal alike.