It’s an extremely versatile range – even more so now with the new tilt and swivel bail arms.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) February 27, 2013
METCASE has launched portable versions of its new UNIMET-PLUS instrument enclosures.
These modern and versatile housings have been designed for desktop and portable electronic equipment.
Typical applications will include portable test and measurement instruments, medical and wellness technology, industrial control, interfaces, peripherals and communications equipment.
The UNIMET-PLUS range of electronic housings is available in six standard sizes with external dimensions from 1.97” x 9.05” x 7.60” to 5.90” x 13.78” x 10.35”.
The portable models are fitted with a robust tilt and swivel bail arm which can be indexed in 30-degree increments.
The bail arm is used for carrying UNIMET-PLUS on the move and canting it as a desktop enclosure to improve the viewing angle of the displays and controls.
UNIMET-PLUS aluminum cases comprise a base panel assembly with two chassis plates and snap-in guides.
The top cover, front bezels and rear panel are all mounted to the base panel assembly. The bezels are powder painted in window gray, RAL 7040 and the case body is in light gray, RAL 7035.
UNIMET-PLUS metal instrument cases are designed for systems with more than one PCB. Up to four PCBs can be fitted to the internal chassis plates using the four snap-in polyamide guides supplied. Additional guide positions and guides can be specified on demand.
There are no visible fixing screws on the case body; the base and chassis assembly is fitted to the bezels and the top cover is captured by the assembly. The accessory front panels are recessed in the bezels to protect the controls. The fixing screws are hidden under two ABS trims.
The recessed rear panel is designed for mounting power inlets, connectors and on/off switches. Four self-adhesive non-slip feet are also included in the kit. Molded ABS tilt feet are offered as accessories. Prices start at $85.
METCASE also offers UNIMET-PLUS as customized instrument enclosures with bespoke sizes, CNC punching, milling and drilling, silk-screen printing and much more.
METCASE Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey said: “UNIMET-PLUS is a modern and attractive range of enclosures with concealed fixings and capacity for up to four slide-in PCBs.
“It’s an extremely versatile range – even more so now with the new tilt and swivel bail arms,” he added.
Features of UNIMET-PLUS portable aluminum equipment enclosures:
- Robust and versatile design in six sizes
- Order with or without a tilt/swivel bail arm
- Internal chassis with horizontal guide positions for slide-in PCBs
- Four snap-in polyamide PCB guides included
- Stylish diecast front and rear bezels assembled to the folded aluminum case body
- Removable rear panel, recessed for protection of connectors, switches
- Recessed aluminum front panel (accessory)
- Four non-slip rubber feet included (molded tilt feet available as an accessory)
- Material – aluminum
- Protection Class – IP40 (Not rated)
- Standard Colors – front/rear bezel, window gray, RAL 7040; case body, light gray, RAL 7035 (powder epoxy polyester paint)
- Contents – top cover, base/chassis assembly, front/rear bezel, rear panel, bail arm, M3 x 8 mm (x8), M4 x 10 mm (x4) size 1, M4 x 16 mm (x8) size 2 to 6, rubber foot (x4), front panel kit, ABS case feet, 4 PCB guides
- Accessories – front panel kit, additional PCB guides, molded feet and tilt feet, PCB mounting pillars.
METCASE also manufactures an extensive range of aluminum rack cases in 1U, 2U and 3U sizes.
For more information, please view the METCASE website or contact Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes For Editors
METCASE specializes in the design and manufacture of high quality aluminum enclosures for the electronics industry. The METCASE range has been designed to allow for modifications to be carried out with ease.
Special sizes and versions of the enclosures can be produced in batch quantities from as little as 10 units. This flexibility provides design engineers with an exceptional range of options for developing new products and variations.
METCASE is a division of the OKW Group.
OKW Enclosures, Inc
3000 Old Pond Road
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Phone: 412 220 9244
Fax: 412 220 9247