American Eagle Outfitters customers can now support the environment and refresh their wardrobe at the same time
Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 11, 2012
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) and the Student Conservation Association (SCA), the national leader in youth service and stewardship, today announced two great ways to celebrate Earth Day (April 22) throughout the nation.
- In-Store Fundraiser: American Eagle Outfitters’ will donate $1 for every pair of jeans sold on its website or in more than 950 stores throughout the U.S. on April 20, 21 or 22, up to $25,000. 77kids will donate $1 for every pair of jeans sold up to $5,000. Funds raised will support SCA volunteers in tree planting projects across the country.
- Earth Day Projects: The SCA will host Earth Day projects in 10 U.S. locations including Seattle, Chicago and Washington D.C. More than 1,000 people will clean beaches, restore parks, and remove invasive species. This effort follows SCA’s Alternative Spring Breaks at Everglades and Joshua Tree National Parks, which engaged nearly 200 college students in vital conservation and remediation projects throughout the month of March. Both projects are sponsored by American Eagle Outfitters.
“American Eagle Outfitters customers can now support the environment and refresh their wardrobe at the same time,” states American Eagle Outfitters Foundation Director Marcie Eberhart. “We’re also excited to be a part of the SCA Earth Day projects in so many convenient locations throughout the U.S.”
Over the past several years, American Eagle Outfitters has supported SCA in a variety of ways. The company has underwritten SCA’s national recruiting outreach to more than 1 million college, university, and high school students; provided clothing and gear for SCA field participants; and conducted numerous point-of-purchase promotions in its stores. Additionally, AEO has generated significant awareness for SCA and its programs through its social network of more than six million followers, in-store signage, and a 25-story LED billboard atop AEO’s Times Square flagship store in New York City. “While American Eagle Outfitters and SCA have similar audiences, it’s our common values that make this partnership so awesome,” says SCA senior vice president Jamie Patten. “They’re always looking to do the right thing for all the right reasons. We could not ask for a better corporate partner.”
SCA Earth Day projects will be held at the following locations:
- Manchester, NH, Audubon Center
- Seattle, Washington Park Arboretum
- Chicago, Humboldt Park
- Detroit, Belle Isle Conservancy
- Houston, Sheldon Lake State Park
- Northwest Washington, near Seattle, Olympic National Park
- Oakland, CA, Dimond Park
- Philadelphia, John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge
- Pittsburgh, Riverview Park
- Washington, D.C., Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens National Park
For more information on how to get involved with SCA or participate in one of the Earth Day projects, please visit http://www.thesca.org.
About American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle Outfitters®, Aerie® and 77kids® brands. The company operates more than 1,000 stores in North America, and ships to 77 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie merchandise also is available at approximately 25 international franchise stores in 10 countries. For more information, please visit http://www.ae.com.
About the Student Conservation Association
The Student Conservation Association is the only national organization that develops tomorrow's conservation leaders by providing high school and college students with service opportunities in all 50 states, from urban communities to national parks and forests. More than 4,000 SCA members annually render over two million hours of service to America's public lands. Since 1957, SCA has helped to develop new generations of conservation leaders, inspire lifelong stewardship, and save the planet. SCA is based in Washington, D.C., and maintains regional offices in Anchorage, AK; Boise, ID; Charlestown, NH; Oakland, CA; Pittsburgh, PA and Seattle, WA. For further information, visit http://www.thesca.org.
# # #