In our worldview, users already have a friends list – it’s called their address book. They shouldn’t have to create a new one and should have the flexibility to immediately send messages to whomever they want.
Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) April 01, 2013
Chorus.im today launched the first HTML5-based mobile messenger that enables users to start text chats with any person or group on any device with a browser. Users simply use their contact list as their social network, and immediately start messaging friends.
With Chorus.im, unregistered users receive a chat invitation via email or SMS from a friend. They tap on a reply link which immediately takes them to a text chat with their friend inside their mobile or desktop browser. They don’t need to download anything or even register to start texting.
“Traditional over-the-top (OTT) messaging services require users to create a friends list or invite someone to download an app and register in order to start messaging,” said Steve Tran, CEO of Chorus.im. “In our worldview, users already have a friends list – it’s called their address book. They shouldn’t have to create a new one and should have the flexibility to immediately send messages to whomever they want.”
Users can access Chorus.im via the mobile or desktop Web and as a downloadable Android or iOS app from all of a user’s connected devices – including smartphones, computers and tablets. Some of the key functionality includes:
- Free texting: Chorus.im is 100% free to send messages to anyone, anywhere in the world
- Group texting: Users can add as many friends as they want to a chat
- Pictures: Share new or existing photos with friends and contacts
- Personalized: Set up a profile pic or sign-in via social networks and use a current profile pic to be shown to contacts
- Contacts matching: Smartphone and/or social network address book contacts are used to automatically connect with friends already using Chorus.im.
- Stores offline messages and chat history: If a user turns off his device or misses notifications for new messages, Chorus.im will store those messages offline and automatically retrieve them the next time the user is online. Plus, the entire chat history is available from whichever device the user accesses Chorus.im.
To start using Chorus.im, visit http://chorus.im or download from the iTunes or Google play markets.
Chorus.im is an HTML5-based mobile messenger that enables users to text for free with any person or group on any device with a browser. By enabling people to use their contact list as their social network, they can immediately start text chats with one or more friends, who in turn don’t need to download anything or even register to text back. Chorus.im is the first messaging product that provides a frictionless onboarding experience for new users and a borderless texting experience for regular users. For more information, visit http://chorus.im or follow us on Twitter @ChorusIM.