Newport Beach, California (PRWEB) March 17, 2013
Orange County DUI prevention has become a hot topic after the recent DUI summit located at Concordia University. According to the OC Register, the recent DUI summit focused on organizing best practices for DUI prevention as well as provided a number of viable options that may decrease drunken driving fatalities.
Hosted by the Orange County DUI Task Force, the summit worked towards creating continuity amongst Orange County DUI prevention organizations that will help enforce the multiple different prevention strategies currently in effect. In-depth solutions were discussed, and a number of preventative tactics and educational opportunities were suggested.
OC DUI Prevention Options
According to the OC Register, the following DUI prevention tactics were suggested at the recent summit.
1. Social host ordinance. This potential ordinance would be used to prevent underage drinking at social gatherings in homes or private locations. First-time violations could result in fines of up to $750 as well as a loud party notice. This is currently being used in Mission Viejo as well as Irvine, California.
2. Responsible Beverage Programs. This focuses on limiting the number of instances pertaining to serving alcohol to minors. Specifically, these programs would increase the development and execution of policies put in place to reduce the risk of serving to minors.
3. Educational DUI Campaigns. Orange County has been known to implement a number of different DUI campaigns, most notably DUI checkpoints. Campaigns include billboards, press events, DUI checkpoints, and public service announcements.
4. Operator permits. Currently used in Newport Beach, these permits are controlled by the police chief and help to better enforce noise levels and closing times. These are believed to control serving alcohol in excess.
5. The proper evaluation of establishments that serve alcohol. Cities are able to regulate the way expectations of new applicants planning to offer alcohol are evaluated.
Randy Collins, partner at MacGregor & Collins, LLP, has provided defense services to alleged DUI offenders and is in full support of the solutions presented at the summit. “Drinking and driving, as well as the injuries sustained as a result, have been a growing concern in Orange County for many years. The potential solutions presented are simple and relatively easy to execute, greatly increasing their chances for success.
“No one wants to be responsible for injuries or death. These tactics may help protect everyday citizens from irresponsible drinkers without forfeiting rights,” said Attorney Collins.
About MacGregor & Collins, LLP
MacGregor & Collins, LLP is a DUI defense law firm based in Newport Beach, California. Its attorneys have been assisting local alleged criminals for decades and have obtained favorable case outcomes for the majority of their clients.
To receive a free professional case evaluation from MacGregor & Collins, LLP, call 949-250-6097 or visit their website at http://www.cmcdefense.com.