I’m very excited to have an opportunity to share many of my favorite teaching strategies at BER’s HELPING STUDENTS SUCCEED IN MATH Conferences. It’s such an honor to be invited to present alongside such a stellar group of educators.
Fort Collins, CO (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
Cassandra Turner, an acclaimed Singapore Mathematics teacher, trainer and consultant, will be a presenter at several upcoming two-day HELPING STUDENTS SUCCEED IN MATH Conferences for mathematics educators organized by the Bureau of Education & Research (BER). Nationally-recognized educators Mary Peterson, Dr. Barbara Blanke and Dr. Nicki Newton also will be featured instructors at BER’s Math Conferences specifically designed for Third, Fourth and Fifth Grade Teachers.
For three years, Turner has presented two different Singapore Mathematics Workshops throughout North America for the Bureau of Education & Research (BER). This is the first year she will participate at the two-day regional Math Conferences.
Turner said, “I’m very excited to have an opportunity to share many of my favorite teaching strategies at BER’s HELPING STUDENTS SUCCEED IN MATH Conferences. It’s such an honor to be invited to present alongside such a stellar group of educators.”
These presenters will be featured at upcoming HELPING STUDENTS SUCCEED IN MATH Conferences:
- CASSY TURNER is an outstanding math teacher who is well known for her high‑energy, practical, engaging sessions chock‑full of ideas that teachers in Grades 3‑5 can use immediately in their own classrooms. Turner will lead Math Conference sessions on topics including Bar Modeling from Singapore, Technology Resources, Mental Math and the Best iPad Apps for Teaching Math.
- DR. BARBARA BLANKE is an outstanding math educator, author and national presenter who is known for her creativity, enthusiasm and practical ideas for teaching students and teachers about mathematics. Dr. Blanke’s Conference sessions will cover topics including Guided Math Groups, Math Centers, Language Rich Math Classrooms and Motivating All Students.
- DR. NICKI NEWTON is a dynamic presenter who is passionate about helping teachers meet the diverse math needs of their students in third, fourth and fifth grades. Many of Dr. Newton’s sessions cover Common Core topics, including Multiplication and Division Strategies, Differentiated Math Centers and Place Values.
- MARY PETERSON is an enthusiastic teacher with years of experience teaching third, fourth and fifth grade mathematics. She is known for her highly motivating ideas and the practicality of her presentations. Peterson’s sessions include Mastering Math and Division Facts, Increasing Math Vocabulary and a Marvelous Math Projects Make and Take program.
Turner will present at HELPING STUDENTS SUCCEED IN MATH Conferences in these cities:
- Dec. 10-11 – Minneapolis, MN (with Dr. Barbara Blanke and Mary Peterson)
- Dec. 12-13 – Phoenix, AZ (with Dr. Barbara Blanke and Mary Peterson)
- Jan. 22-23, 2013 – Atlanta, GA (with Dr. Nicki Newton and Mary Peterson)
- Jan. 24-25, 2013 – St. Louis, MO (with Dr. Nicki Newton and Mary Peterson)
- Apr. 29-30, 2013 – Chicago, IL (with Dr. Barbara Blanke and Mary Peterson)
- May 1 -2, 2013 – Boston, MA (with Dr. Barbara Blanke and Mary Peterson)
Those attending BER’s two-day Math Conferences, will receive a Comprehensive Resource Handbook specifically designed for the event.
Links to online registration forms for BER’s HELPING STUDENTS SUCCEED IN MATH Conferences may be found at http://www.SingaporeMathSource.com/BER.
The Bureau of Education & Research (http://www.BER.org) is the leading provider of staff development and training resources for educators in North America. Founded by educators in 1976, the Bureau has grown to provide national and regional training programs across the entire United States and Canada.
About Cassandra Turner
Cassandra Turner has been “passionate about Singapore Math” since first encountering it in 2001. An independent math trainer and coach since 2008, Cassy has had the pleasure of introducing Singapore Math to thousands of teachers, administrators and parents in 30 U.S. states, Mexico, Canada and Ghana. More than three dozen schools have chosen Cassy to help them implement the curriculum.
Cassy currently conducts two different Singapore Mathematics Workshops for the Bureau of Education & Research (BER) and hosts .SingaporeMathSource.com (http://www.SingaporeMathSource.com), a website featuring news, resources, reviews and more. As a teacher, she used Primary Mathematics at several grade levels, then traveled to Singapore to see the curriculum from the source in 2007 and co-authored a Singapore Math Training Manual approved by the State of California the following year. In 2012, Cassy was awarded a contract by the Republic of Palau to assist the Ministry of Education (MOE) with the implementation of the Singapore Math Curriculum.
Cassy is a devoted champion of Singapore Mathematics who loves to work with schools and teachers to make every child in every classroom a competent and confident mathematics student.