Sessions designated as Best-in-Track represent the very finest that blended learning has to offer.
Newburyport, MA (PRWEB) May 15, 2013
The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) today announced its “Best-in-Track” sessions for the 10th Annual Sloan Consortium Blended Learning Conference and Workshop, which takes place July 8-9 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
“Sessions designated as Best-in-Track represent the very finest that blended learning has to offer,” said Tanya Joosten, conference chair. “Best-in-Track proposals were highly rated by our team of reviewers and truly address the conference theme, ‘Trend to Blend: Lessons from the Field,’ reflecting a renewed interest in blended learning, while emphasizing the importance of research and proven practices. Our thanks and congratulations are extended to these speakers for their vital contributions to the conference and to the field of blended learning at large.”
The 2013 Best-in-Track sessions and speakers are:
- Faculty Development and Support: “Fostering Blended Learning: Successful Partnerships and Faculty Development for Institutional Change,” Chantal Levesque-Bristol, Tomalee Doan and Donalee Attardo, Purdue University
- Research: “Critical Thinking Skills for Army Leaders: Applying Blended Learning Lessons From Multiple Contexts,” Maria Lytell, Michael Shanley and Susan Straus, RAND Corporation
- Student Support: “Virtual Compass: Orienting Students with Blended Support,” Juhong Liu and Carolyn Schubert, James Madison University
- Teaching and Learning: “'Time Warping’ Education: A Blended-Learning Business Statistics Course Example,” Dr. Richard Jerz, St. Ambrose University
- Leadership and Administration: “MOOCs in the Community College: Implications for Innovation in the Classroom,” Rebecca Petersen, edX; Damian Bebell, Boston College; Lynn Hunter, Massachusetts Bay Community College
Best-in-Track sessions will be recognized during a luncheon ceremony on the opening day of the conference. The presentation schedule and descriptions of Best-in-Track sessions may be viewed at http://sloanconsortium.org/conference/2013/blended/best. Information about the 10th Annual Sloan-C Blended Learning Conference and Workshop, including registration links for on-site and virtual attendance, is available at http://sloanconsortium.org/conference/2013/blended/welcome.
The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) is the leading professional online learning society devoted to advancing quality e-Education learning into the mainstream of education through its community. Sloan-C is dedicated to providing access to high quality e-Education to individuals, institutions, professional societies and the corporate community. For more information, visit http://www.sloanconsortium.org.