Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) November 24, 2012
The UK construction market valued GBP122.3 billion (US$196.1 billion) in 2011, and recorded a CAGR of -0.96% during the review period. The UK construction market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.05% over the forecast period. Residential construction was the largest market with 36.5% of the overall industry value, and recorded a CAGR of 0.12% during the review period. The residential construction market valued GBP44.6 billion (US$71.6 billion) in 2011. The UK currently faces a housing shortage, however, prospective buyers, particularly first-time buyers, are experiencing difficulty in obtaining mortgages due to high deposit requirements. Developers are also concerned about selling properties in the unstable economic conditions.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the UK construction market, including:
- The UK construction market’s growth prospects by sector, project type and type of construction activity
- Analysis of equipment, material and service costs across each project type within the UK
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the UK construction market
- Assessment of the competitive forces facing the construction industry in the UK and profiles of the leading players
- Profiles of the ten largest construction projects in the UK
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in the UK:
- Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in the UK using the construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter’s Five Forces
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in the UK
- Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in the UK by value
- Residential construction was the largest market with 36.5% of the overall industry value, and recorded a CAGR of 0.12% during the review period. The residential construction market valued GBP44.6 billion (US$71.6 billion) in 2011.
- Despite a demand for affordable housing, the housing market is undersupplied. Developers are reluctant to invest as buyers are not able to obtain the necessary credit.
- The Olympic games provided a requisite boost to the UK construction industry during a period where the housing industry was slowing. This boost, however, was temporary, and not sufficient to contribute significantly to the declining residential construction market. The Olympic quarter is to be converted into a business and residential area with around 40,000 homes built in the vicinity. This will relieve pressure on local housing in London and provide much needed employment.
- Cautious consumer spending has led to a subdued retail sector. A new retail model is emerging which consists of large flagship stores in prime locations combined with smaller stores in satellite locations.
- Budget cuts for both the education and the health sector will limit the growth of the institutional construction category. The present coalition government has cancelled the GBP55 billion Building Schools for the Future (BSF) program that was started in 2004 and introduced the GBP2 billion Priority School Building Program.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging our critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Browse more reports on Construction Industry Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/tags/construction-industry-market-research.html and Manufacturing & Construction Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/manufacturing/
Contact email@example.com for further information.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.