A physical therapy EMR should be designed and developed to integrate easily in the normal workflow of the office, encompassing all the regular forms and information specific to a physical therapy practice.
Denville, NJ (PRWEB) June 19, 2012
“EMRs can be expensive and involve huge monthly fees,” said Chhoda. “They’re often one-size-fits-all systems that don’t deliver the customized tools needed for physical therapy practices. In their enthusiasm to implement an EMR, many therapists choose one of the first PT documentation software programs they evaluate. A physical therapy EMR should meet several clear cut criteria.”
- Specialization – A physical therapy EMR should be designed and developed to integrate easily in the normal workflow of the office, encompassing all the regular forms and information specific to a physical therapy practice.
- Flexibility – An EMR for physical therapy services should be customizable. Procedures, methods, techniques and treatments change over time and an EMR should be designed to grow along with the practice and reflect that.
- Learning – Usage promotes proficiency and an EMR system featuring a friendly user/machine interface reduces the time needed to master the physical therapy software.
- Requirements – Chhoda said before purchasing a physical therapy EMR, practice owners need to determine what they want the software to accomplish. Multiple EMR programs are offered that provide basic documentation, while others are complete solutions that address all facets of the practice including billing and marketing metrics.
- Support and upgrades – Choose an EMR for physical therapy services that provides access to 24/7 technical support, the ability to add additional services or modules as needed, and bug fixes should something go awry.
Chhoda has extensive experience with electronic office and medical billing systems and his new checklist for choosing a physical therapy EMR provides practice owners with sage advice for their present and future needs. EMRs represent the future of patient care and more profitable practices and utilizing Chhoda’s checklist insures therapists choose the right EMR for future growth.
Chhoda’s office can be reached by phone at 201-535-4475. For more information, visit the website at http://www.emrnews.com.
ABOUT NITIN CHHODA
Nitin Chhoda PT, DPT is a licensed physical therapist, a certified strength and conditioning specialist and an entrepreneur. He is the author of "Physical Therapy Marketing For The New Economy" and “Marketing for Physical Therapy Clinics” and is a prolific speaker, writer and creator of products and systems to streamline medical billing and coding, electronic medical records, health care practice management and marketing to increase referrals. He has been featured in numerous industry magazines, major radio and broadcast media, and is the founder of Referral Ignition training systems and the annual Private Practice Summit. Chhoda speaks extensively throughout the U.S., Canada and Asia. He is also the creator of the Therapy Newsletter and Clinical Contact, both web-based services to help private practices improve communication with patients, delivery better quality of care and boost patient retention.