Glass countertops have been around for years,'' says Bertrand Charest, President of ThinkGlass, ''but new models offered to discerning consumers are more appealing than ever. We are not talking about recycled glass countertops here, but pure glass countertops.
Montreal (Vocus) October 22, 2009
Pure glass countertop is the latest trend to hit the kitchen and bath market. It is one of the greenest countertops available and it is 100% recyclable, making it an obvious choice for people who want to decrease their impact on the environment.
"Glass countertops have been around for years,'' says Bertrand Charest, President of ThinkGlass, ''but new models offered to discerning consumers are more appealing than ever. We are not talking about recycled glass countertops here, but pure glass countertops."
Charest adds, "With concerns about hygiene, radon emission from other material like granite, safety and the environment, pure glass is a clear winner. It does not require sealing like granite, concrete, recycled glass or paper countertops, making it a healthier product."
Here are the top ten reasons to use pure glass countertops:
1. Maintenance free, they are impossible to stain
2. Most hygienic countertop on the market
3. Non-porous, making it suitable for Kosher kitchens
4. No Cross-contamination
5. Can endure high heat without cracking or scorching
6. High-end appearance
7. Textured finished underneath that masks fingerprints, common wear and allows scratches to go unnoticed
8. Can be edge lit to transform your countertop, creating a floating and ethereal beauty
9. Radon free (compared to Granite) and no negative impact on air quality
10. Eligible for LEED and NAHB Model Green Home points
Charest says, "Glass countertops are suitable to a wide range of clients, from the baby boomer who wants to entertain to the young family who wants to have an easy-to-clean countertop. With two young children, Charest knows a thing or two about spilled juice glasses and kids using felt pens on countertops. The good thing with glass countertops is that with just a bit of water and a cloth, you can clean it within seconds."
ThinkGlass is located in Canada and specializes in cast-glass applications like countertops, walls, floors and stairs. The company has dealers across Canada and the United States. Please visit their website and our blog for more info.
For more information or high-resolution images, please contact:
Indigo Communication and Marketing