IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) October 1, 2007
For a limited time, with the purchase of select HD DVD enabled Toshiba Qosmio F45 notebooks, consumers will qualify to receive five HD DVD titles for free, from a selection of 15 popular titles, via a mail-in offer. Complete offer details are available at http://www.toshibadirect.com/hddvdpc, and will extend until February 28, 2008.
The new Qosmio F45 is designed to give movie enthusiasts a more cost-effective solution to enjoy the high-quality experience that the Qosmio brand represents. Incorporating leading-edge technologies, such as high-definition displays, HD DVD drives, HDMI ports, Dolby(R) Home Theater(TM) technology as well as Harman Kardon(R) Bass Reflex stereo speakers with a built-in subwoofer, the notebook has a starting price of $1,299(1). Toshiba's new configurations include the Qosmio F45-AV423 and Qosmio F45-AV425.
Featuring a dazzling high-definition 15.4-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite(R) display, the Qosmio F45 can deliver today's hottest new HD DVD releases in stunning clarity. Also, users can connect the Qosmio F45 notebook's HDMI port to an HDTV to expand the functionality of their home entertainment center. Once connected to an HDTV, the Qosmio F45 notebook series can output a high-definition resolution up to 1080i for stunning clarity and pulse-pounding sound, making it the perfect entertainment hub for family rooms or home theaters.
For optimum digital immersion and clarity, HD DVD offers a picture with up to six-times the resolution of the standard DVD for a true cinematic experience. The Qosmio's HD DVD drive is backwards-compatible(2) with traditional DVD formats and will allow users to continue playing compatible discs from their existing DVD collections.
A key benefit for movie enthusiasts using a notebook computer as a conduit for HD DVD playback is the next-generation 802.11n(3) wireless(4) internet connection which makes it possible to quickly and easily access bonus content without the burden of being tied down to an Ethernet connection, providing movie buffs with all the latest news and features of their favorite movies on the go. New releases, such as Universal's "Heroes," and Warner Bros.' "300" provide enhanced high-definition content that is only available through the Internet. Meanwhile, the list of HD DVD titles has swelled to nearly 300 titles, including Universal's "Smokin' Aces," DreamWorks Pictures' "Dream Girls" and Warner Bros.' "The Matrix Trilogy" and "Letters from Iwo Jima."
The two new configurations are available at http://www.toshibadirect.com, as well as a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide. These models are available with the following specifications and price options:
Qosmio F45-AV425 Unique Specifications ($1,649(1))
Qosmio F45-AV423 Unique Specifications ($1,299(1))
1. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
2. Some content and/or discs may not be compatible.
3. Wireless-N. Wireless AGN (802.11a/g/n) adapter is based on a draft release version of the IEEE 802.11n specification and may not be compatible with, or support all features (e.g., security) of, certain Wi-Fi(R) equipment.
4. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware, or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
5. Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. Intel(R) Dual Core Technology is a new technology designed to deliver improved performance to the notebook PC. Performance or compatibility may vary. For more information on Intel's Core 2 Duo processors, visit: http://www.intel.com/core2duo/.
6. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
7. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
8. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 1000 x 1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10.
See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
9. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
10. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
(C) 2007 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.