Quad Cities Iowa and Illinois (PRWEB) June 14, 2012
Recent litigation, guidance and regulatory action continue to shed light on actions fiduciaries and plan sponsors should be taking in conjunction with their plans. Mel Foster Insurance, a local, independent insurance agency is partnering with Retirement Plan Advisory Group for a webinar discussing the compliance update.
Join us on Tuesday, June 19th at 10am CST and Thursday, June 21 at 1pm CST. The free webinars are hosted by Joel Shapiro, Senior Vice President, ERISA Compliance.
The webinar will discuss the following topics:
- Fourth Circuit rules on fiduciary duty to investigate and diversify investments
- DOL staff members provide informal, nonbinding views on several retirement-related questions
- DOL’s EBSA publishes final rule relating to Prohibited Transaction Exemption filing procedures
- DOL issues interim final regulations on electronic media, then revises rule
Participant Advice Exemption finalized by DOL
- DOL and SEC coordinate to release no-action letter on 401(k) plan fee disclosure rules
- Compliance FAQ: What is the DFVCP and what plans may benefit from using the program?
To register for one of the webinars or additional questions, contact Lisa Schebler at Mel Foster Insurance. Her phone number is 563-344-0689 or email lisas(at)melfosterinsurance.com. Please be sure to include your contact information so webinar access instructions can provided to you.
About Mel Foster Insurance
Locally owned and operated, Mel Foster Insurance has been the leading property/casualty insurance and employee benefit provider of the Quad Cities and surrounding areas since 1932. One of the region’s largest independent agencies, Mel Foster Insurance represents over 25 insurance carriers and specializes in coverage for Contractors, Bonding, Manufacturing, Property, Transportation, and Employee Benefits. Visit their website at http://www.melfosterinsurance.com for more information.
About Retirement Plan Advisory Group
Retirement Plan Advisory Group is a professional alliance of accomplished advisors that demands and delivers a higher level of strategies, systems and services for qualified and non-qualified plan sponsor clients. As one of the largest independent consulting networks in the U.S., our services – including investment analysis, plan design, fee benchmarking and employee communications – help to enhance investment opportunities for participants, while protecting fiduciaries from liability and loss. Learn more at http://www.rpag.com.