CMS has been a great improvement to our Receiving, Sampling, and Dispensing processes thus far. The system has improved efficiency, accuracy, and control.
Fairfield, NJ (PRWEB) February 28, 2012
Valdata Systems today announced that its Manufacturing Execution System (MES) is an essential tool which enables its customers to achieve true 100% quality in preweigh and batch manufacturing. Their MES system utilizes groundbreaking technology, which interfaces directly with host systems, inventory systems and electronic scales, verifying and validating every step of the manufacturing process and stopping the process completely if an error is detected. This system eliminates human error in product selection, over/under pouring, blending and data entry. Valdata Systems’ MES system is part of its larger Chemical Management System, a scale-integrated chemical inventory management software suite.
In light of the recent quality issues suffered by Novartis, it is becoming increasingly apparent that this type of technology is necessitated by the pharmaceutical and food & beverage industries. Just last month Novartis was forced to recall 1,645 lots of over-the-counter drugs due to quality control issues.(1) Issues they were warned about last summer, and were unable to deal with in time to prevent the catastrophic events that led up to the recall. A recall of this size is estimated to cost approximately $120 million.(2) An investment of a small percentage of that amount could have drastically improved plant quality control, potentially eliminating such a costly recall.
One of Valdata Systems customers had this to say:
"CMS has been a great improvement to our Receiving, Sampling, and Dispensing processes thus far. The system has improved efficiency, accuracy, and control.” Danny Allis, Supply Chain Manager, Actavis Pharmaceuticals.
The Manufacturing Execution System controls the manufacturing process — assuring product quality and inventory accuracy by verifying ingredients and weights, and adjusting inventory levels in real time. The benefits include:
- Direct communication with integrated scales
- Scanning and verifying of every item / lot before use
- Real-time tracking of inventory creation and consumption
- Computer-assisted ”prompt and police” steps to ensure correct weighing, formulation and processing
- Integrated pre-weighing and/or commingling operations to enhance speed and reliability
- Automated enforcement of resource maintenance schedules
- Enforced in-process testing and adjustments
- Audit-ready traceability, including container and lot level tracking of source materials
Valdata Systems customers have seen first hand the improvement CMS has brought to their quality systems. By using the MES (Manufacturing Execution) module, rework and recall of preweighed products have become a thing of the past.
About Valdata Systems: Headquartered in Fairfield, NJ, Valdata Systems is a premier provider of Chemical Management solutions specifically targeting the Pharmaceutical, Flavor & Fragrance, Nutraceutical and Chemical Manufacturing industries.
For more information on Chemical Management Systems, Inventory Control Systems, Recipe Manager and other products provided by Valdata Systems please visit: http://www.valdatasystems.com
(1) Source: Article published by Matthew Perrone, Associated Press on 01/09/12
(2) Source: Article published by Bloomberg.com written by Dan Hart on 01/08/12
# # #