It can be difficult for event planners and marketers to know what to pay attention to, so after our latest wave with CEMA we’re making that task easier by summarizing the general takeaways from all the research.
Vancouver, B.C. and Las Vegas (IMEX America) (PRWEB) October 13, 2014
QuickMobile and IMEX, in partnership with the Corporate Event Marketing Association (CEMA), have completed the second wave of their annual research on mobile event apps, and will present the findings, as well as a summary of recent industry research, at IMEX America in Las Vegas, October 15th and 16th, 2014. The first wave of research was conducted in April 2014, and surveyed meeting planners from around the world, covering buying habits, required functionality and the role of mobile event apps in event planning, marketing and execution. The second wave, completed in September 2014 in partnership with CEMA, focused on similar topics and targeted the more than 600 members of CEMA.
Key findings and takeaways from QuickMobile’s second wave of research include:
- More than 54% of event marketers work on 10 events or more a year
- 80% of CEMA respondents say their audience expects an app, compared with 63% of respondents from the first wave of research. (Combined score 66%)
- 67% of event marketers reinvent the app procurement process for each new event
- Sales conferences (52%) and trade shows (50%) are the most popular types of events to have an app, followed by annual general meetings (44%).
- 78% spend more than $4000 on their event apps, recognizing that entry-level apps lack the functionality/service/support they need.
“There has been a glut of research on event tech since we launched our first round in April 2014,” said Patrick Payne, CEO of QuickMobile. “We know of at least two additional studies that have been released by vendors and partners since that time in addition to media research from trade publications. It can be difficult for event planners and marketers to know what to pay attention to, so after our latest wave with CEMA we’re making that task easier by summarizing the general takeaways from all the research.”
Key takeaways from the collective industry research include:
- Both the first QuickMobile/IMEX study and the recent MPI study released in September showed an app inclusion rate among event planners of 60-63 percent. The second IMEX wave completed with CEMA showed a substantially higher rate of 92 percent.
- The two most important reasons for offering an app are: organizer-to-attendee messaging and reduction/elimination of paper
- Despite growing usage of mobile event apps, event planners are still learning what apps can do for them, and still have more basic expectations of functionality.
Robin Jones, Chief Marketing Officer at QuickMobile, will present IMEX/QuickMobile findings and the industry research takeaways at IMEX on Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 from 11:00 am - 11:30 am, and Thursday, October 16th, 2014 from 1:30 pm - 2:15 pm in the Research Pod - IMEX Inspiration Center, Booth 3403.
QuickMobile is transforming meetings and events with mobile apps that engage and delight audiences. QuickMobile's mobile engagement platform creates an always-on communication channel that allows event owners to increase attendee participation, build loyalty and generate revenue through richer experiences. By fully leveraging the capabilities of QuickMobile's mobile and social solutions, customers can extend events into yearlong conversations and build lasting relationships with their audiences. QuickMobile’s head office is located in Vancouver, Canada. For more information, visit http://www.quickmobile.com. Follow QuickMobile on Twitter @quickmobile.
The IMEX Group owns and operates two annual, award-winning ‘trade shows with a difference’ for the global meetings, incentive travel and events industry. IMEX in Frankfurt takes place each May at Messe Frankfurt, while IMEX America, including Smart Monday - powered by MPI, takes place each October in Las Vegas. More information: http://www.imex-frankfurt.com and http://www.imexamerica.com
A voice for the industry, CEMA (Corporate Event Marketing Association) is the premier community for event marketing professionals, association peers and partners. CEMA promotes professional networking opportunities, facilitates peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and drives industry standards. Through strong relationships with strategic partners, CEMA creates solutions to business issues. For more information, please visit http://www.cemaonline.com or call (916) 718-9802.