Our latest new COMBIMET rack cases offer a very high level of ventilation to help protect equipment and minimise the amount of energy used on cooling solutions.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 17 April 2013
METCASE has launched ventilated versions of its all new COMBIMET 19” rack case range.
These new rack cases are designed to assist in-rack thermal management by allowing unrestricted airflow through the enclosures.
COMBIMET rack mounted enclosures feature a matrix of specially designed ventilation slots in the top and base panels to improve airflow.
These attractive and highly versatile rack mounted cases are designed to conform to DIN 41494 and IEC 297-1 standards for 19” equipment.
Typical applications for the new models will include test and measurement systems, networking and communications equipment.
COMBIMET 19” rack enclosures are manufactured in robust yet lightweight aluminium. They feature two ergonomic front panel handles for comfortable carrying prior to installation in the rack.
The range is offered in 1U, 2U and 3U heights in two depths of 265 mm and 365 mm. Special sizes can be manufactured on demand. The enclosures are powder painted in light grey, RAL 7035 or black, RAL 9005.
Each COMBIMET consists of an anodised 19” front panel with two front panel handles, two side panels, the top and base and a recessed removable rear panel.
The top and base panels are fully perforated with ventilation slots and include a series of holes for fitting PCB mounting pillars or the internal mounting plate kit (accessory).
All the fabricated parts are fitted with M4 earth studs for electrical continuity. Every model is supplied fully assembled. Prices start at £67.
METCASE offers a full customising service on the COMBIMET 19” rack cases with made-to-measure sizes, CNC punching, milling and drilling, silk-screen printing and much more – providing fully finished enclosures ready for fitting the electronic components.
METCASE Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “Data centres in particular are under increasing pressure to reduce their energy bills.
“Our latest new COMBIMET rack cases offer a very high level of ventilation to help protect equipment and minimise the amount of energy used on cooling solutions.”
Features of COMBIMET vented 19” rack cases:
- Versatile 19 inch rack cases in 1U, 2U and 3U sizes
- Conform to DIN 41494 and IEC 297-1
- Very modern design incorporating ergonomic front panel handles
- Robust aluminium case body with removable top, base and rear panels
- Plain or ventilated top and base panels
- Anodised aluminium 19" front panel
- Mounting holes in base for PCBs and chassis
- M4 earth studs on all components for electrical continuity
- Cases supplied fully assembled
- Material – aluminium
- Protection Class – < IP 40 (Not rated)
- Standard Colours – front panel, clear anodised; case body and handles, light grey RAL 7035 or black RAL 9005 (powder epoxy polyester paint)
- Contents – top panel (vented or unvented), base panel (vented or unvented), side panel (x2), rear panel, 19" front panel, handle (x2), M4 x 16 mm (x4), M3 x 8 mm (x12), M3 x 8 mm (x6)
- Accessories – chassis plate, PCB mounting pillars, rack mounting kit.
METCASE designs and manufactures various ranges of rack mounted enclosures:
- 1U rack cases – COMBIMET (fixed front panel, removable top and base), VERSAMET (fixed front panel) and METTEC (removable front panel)
- 2U rack cases – COMBIMET (fixed front panel, removable top and base), METTEC (removable front panel) and UNIMET (removable front panel)
- 3U rack cases – COMBIMET (fixed front panel, removable top and base), METTEC (removable front panel) and UNIMET (removable front panel).
METCASE is the metal enclosures division of OKW Enclosures, Inc. For more information about 19” rack enclosures, please view the METCASE website or contact Sales & Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes For Editors
METCASE Enclosures UK
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836