NEW ALBANY, IN (PRWEB) April 03, 2014
Louisville cosmetic family dentist Dr. Ronald Receveur’s second surgical suite is open at his office at 819 Mt. Tabor Road in New Albany, Ind.
The surgical suite includes a top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art Midmark 641 Barrier-Free power procedures chair.
“In Louisville all on 4 dental implants have become a popular solution for a lot of people,” Dr. Receveur said. “This allows us to meet the needs of more patients.”
"Louisville is just across the Ohio River from Dr. Receveur’s office in New Albany, Ind. In Louisville all on four implants cost more, so many people come across the river," he said.
Already in 2014, Dr. Receveur has added a new in-house dental lab and a Galileos 3D CT Scan imager so patients can begin and end their care in his office and receive predictable, long-term solutions.
Dr. Receveur hired a new lab technician to work in the 1,200-square-foot dental lab. That allows Dr. Receveur to guarantee fit, cosmetics and comfort for dentures, including those that make patients look as though they’ve had a facelift. Dr. Receveur was certified last month to use Strickland Facelift Dentures.
The benefits of an on-site laboratory technician include:
● Creation and control of a patient’s new smile in one place under one doctor, often in one day.
● Patients have increased choices in the color and shade of their new teeth with an on-site lab technician.
● The technician can make revisions con site rather than having to return ordered components.
● The technician and dentist can craft a patient’s smile and make minor changes while the patient waits in the chair.
With a Galileos 3D CAT Scan in his office, Dr. Receveur immediately can explain to patients their options to solve his or her problems with missing or failing teeth, denture problems and failing dentistry.
The Galileos 3D Dental Imaging System offers computerized axial tomography (CAT) scans of the mouth and jaw. Computers combine hundreds of X-ray images to generate high-resolution, three-dimensional views of facial bones, including teeth and jaw bones, with CAT scans, also called computed tomography (CT) scans. The 3D images show bone density, bone structure, tissues and nerves.
Dr. Receveur’s cosmetic dental clinic in New Albany is one of only about 500 offices in the country, and the only practice in Southern Indiana, that uses a Galileos 3D CAT scanner to diagnose and treat patients.
Dr. Receveur’s patients don’t have to leave his office for the precision and accuracy of CAT scan radiography thanks to having one in-house.
Patients sit in an open-air chair for the Galileos 3D CAT Scan for about 20 seconds, unlike at hospitals and imaging centers, where patients must lie down.
Dr. Receveur said the new machine has additional benefits:
1. Improved Diagnostic Ability: 3-D images find 25 percent more tumors, abscessed teeth and abnormalities than traditional two-dimensional x-rays.
2. Reduced Radiation: The Galileos CAT Scan has 90 percent less radiation than a CAT scan at a hospital.
3. Decreased Cost: The Galileos CAT Scan is about half the cost of a medical CAT scan.
The main ways Galileos CT scans are used in dentistry are to:
● see the quality of the jawbone where an implant will be placed;
● visual virtual placement of implants using advanced software;
● see where nerves are located;
● diagnose tumors and diseases in the earliest stages;
● measure the density of the jawbone where an implant is to be placed;
● find the best placement for implants, including the angle of best fit;
● plan an entire surgical procedure in advance;
● accurately decide the appropriate size and type of implants;
● see the exact orientation and position of each tooth;
● view impacted teeth.
Dr. Receveur, one of Louisville’s best cosmetic dentists, can provide smile dental care such as teeth cleanings, fillings, crowns, extractions, root canals and dental implants in one day. He also can do more advanced cosmetic dentistry like All on Six and All on Four dental implants, bone grafting and sinus lifts, all with IV sedation dentistry.
Dr. Receveur, a native of New Albany, Ind., graduated from Indiana University Southeast. He graduated with honors in chemistry, and earned his doctorate from the Indiana University School of Dentistry in Dental Surgery.
Dr. Receveur has been providing quality, patient-focused dentistry in Southern Indiana and Greater Louisville since 1981.
Dr. Receveur has received extensive continuing education, earning more than 5,000 hours of postgraduate training. He has earned numerous advanced certifications in Comprehensive Restorative, Implant, Sedation and Aesthetic Dentistry, so he can provide the most current dentistry to his patients.
Those looking for a New Albany cosmetic dentist should go to NewAlbanyImplants.com.