(PRWEB) September 21, 2010
The five-star Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel has been remodeled. The thorough renovations include all the public areas of the hotel, in particular the lobby and reception areas. The redesign took place without disturbing events, guests or visitors. The refurbishment is part of an effort to refocus the Renaissance brand worldwide. The Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel is the first in South America to take these concepts on board.
The New Lobby
The transformations at the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel are part of an international strategy adopted by Marriott, which owns the Renaissance brand. The Sao Paulo hotel’s lobby offers a place where people mingle and is no longer simply a point of arrival and departure. The new area in the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel is now integrated and multifunctional, merging working and social spaces to allow the comfortable and natural flow of people.
These major renovations mark the largest refurbishment since the hotel’s opening in September 1997 and enhance its contemporary ambience. The new lobby better satisfies the needs of Sao Paulo guests - especially business travelers.
Traveling executives spend the duration of their trip being productive and getting work accomplished. These business travelers must balance professional demands, relaxation and socializing; the hotel hopes its new design facilitates this process. “Traditionally, hotel lobbies have been designed only to welcome guests on arrival,” explains Ana Luiza Masagão Menezes, Sales and Marketing Director at the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel.
“Marriott believes that a lobby designed simply for guests to pass through en route to their rooms is no longer sufficient. A multifunctional environment is needed.”
The Sao Paulo hotel’s ground floor now offers spaces which are specialized yet integrated seamlessly into the lobby. The new social area provides an excellent opportunity for guests to meet and eat during the day—perfect for Sao Paulo meetings. Guests can also utilize this space at night, as the social area provides 24-hour service. With sofas that encourage conversation and mingling, this renovated lounge area merges social activities into one space while a media wall connects guests to the outside world.
Another sophisticated segment of the hotel provides guests with "privacy in public.” In this space, guests can read, work in private, or rest in reclining armchairs. There is also a one-stop space for guests to check in and out, making Sao Paulo travel convenient and easy. This area also features business center services. All of these additions have been designed to provide the greatest benefits to clients.
Besides the lobby, the entire events area is also being redesigned with new rugs, lighting fixtures and furnishings, such as tables and chairs.
The New Brand
Taking into account the new worldwide Renaissance brand, the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel has begun a closer relationship with the city. The new Renaissance philosophy inspires guests to discover new and different experiences. Most Sao Paulo hotels offer simply a hotel service, but the Renaissance Sao Paulo hotel tries to foster an authentic feeling for each guest; each Renaissance hotel has been designed to reflect back on its location. “Our guests are constantly getting informed about everything that is going on in the world. They are passionate about travel, cuisine, art and history – and they want a hotel that allows them to discover more about where they are staying,” says Menezes.
The brand’s visual identity has also undergone a complete overhaul. The style and design are now sophisticated, welcoming, inviting, and contemporary. The language is simultaneously both casual and professional. The elements of the new Renaissance brand include:
- New hotels: whether staying at a historic or ultramodern Renaissance hotel, each guest experiences a unique perspective on the surrounding environment. The Renaissance Hotels & Resorts brand will shortly add 24 hotels to its chain. These hotels will open over the next three years in countries such as Sweden, the United Arab Emirates, England and Thailand.
- New visual identity: striking and simple, the Renaissance Hotels & Resorts logo has been redesigned to include visual clues that align the brand with the new experience at Renaissance hotels. The new logo includes a more modern typeface, while keeping the "R" as a singular and historic icon of the brand.
- Renaissance Chic: every hotel’s design is modern, attractive, and always inspirational. Creative restaurant menus, appealing decoration and luxury pure cotton sheets sure to please the senses are just a few amenities guests expect at Renaissance hotels.
- RenHotels.com: the new Renaissance Hotels & Resorts’ website allows guests to discover each destination and hotel.
- New retail strategy: the new website http://www.CollectRenaissance.com encourages guests to bring Renaissance style into their homes.
- New Food & Beverage strategy: Renaissance hotel restaurants appeal to both the local population and guests. Locally sourced ingredients are used in the kitchens for a more authentic experience.
- New partnerships: the Renaissance brand has strategically partnered with companies such as Hertz, Absolut Vodka, Jack Spade and Strida.
These new Renaissance brand concepts were launched in late 2009 with the opening of two hotels in two iconic cities: Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe, and Renaissance New York Hotel 57. Renaissance is now positioned to become the first truly global Marriott lifestyle brand. By implementing this new international Renaissance brand philosophy, the Sao Paulo Renaissance Hotel hopes to set itself apart from other Brazil hotels.
About the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Located in the exclusive Jardins area of Sao Paulo, Brazil, the five-star Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel combines exceptional service with expressive decoration and modern design. Since its opening in 1997 the Renaissance
Sao Paulo Hotel has become a Sao Paulo icon and a true architectural marvel. Guests find escape in the Renaissance Spa, which opened in April of 2008 and offers an exclusive selection of natural therapies. Along with Renaissance Fitness, the spa creates a space designed for physical maintenance and rejuvenation. The hotel also features excellent culinary choices at the Terraço Jardins restaurant, renowned for its excellent and diverse international cuisine, and the Bytes Cafe, which sells light and quick meals. The hotel offers 444 rooms, including 55 suites and one presidential suite. Each one of these Sao Paulo accommodations allows guests to enjoy their travel experience in an atmosphere that balances business and leisure. With a highly professional and skilled staff, the hotel focuses on exceptional hospitality for events and is a frequent site for major Sao Paulo meetings.
The Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel is part of the Renaissance Hotels & Resorts brand. The Renaissance brand is a proud member of Marriott International, Inc., which owns more than 135 properties in over 30 countries.