Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) October 26, 2007
From Shanghai to Times Square, Renaissance Hotels & Resorts is championing an arts renaissance all over the world by forming partnerships with local artists and art institutions. Renaissance has a long standing commitment to the arts community by featuring a wide range of local, modern, classical and unique pieces of art in its hotels.
Moving forward with its new look and feel, the Renaissance brand is making a strong commitment to fully support not only great art and design in its hotels, but also reaching out to the local communities by collaborating with art schools and young emerging artists.
"As part of Renaissance's dedication to the arts and the communities surrounding the hotels, the brand is working closely with local galleries, art schools and up and coming artists to enhance and promote their art exhibits and programs," said Rita Cuddihy, senior vice president, Renaissance Hotels & Resorts, North America.
Renaissance Hotels & Resort's is collaborating with world-renowned artist Jordan Mozer who has not only designed the newly-renovated Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square, but has also created functional pieces of art throughout the hotel.
A sampling of how Renaissance Hotels and Resorts have embraced the arts in their local communities:
- Renaissance Providence Hotel -- The hotel opened the first ArtTix satellite visitor's center, an innovative new amenity that connects hotel visitors with more than 70 area arts and cultural venues and events.
- The Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel -- The hotel features cutting-edge new media work, photography, contemporary paintings and high quality graphics with over 1460 original artworks, all by contemporary Chicago artists. The hotel is anticipated to open on 2008.
- Renaissance Hollywood Hotel -- The hotel exhibits an Art and Architecture Tour with over 70 works of art that were assembled or commissioned for their real, referential or retro affinity to the hotel's design and its Hollywood sense of place.
- Renaissance Arts Hotel -- The hotel lobby serves as a gallery extension for the Arthur Roger Gallery Project with art hand picked from the gallery's curator. Located in New Orleans, the hotel exhibits many glass pieces, including the Chihuly pictured at the left.
- The Columbus, a Renaissance Hotel -- The hotel displays local artist Bob Eickholt's glass pieces, as well as sells the pieces in the Gift Shop. The hotel also exhibits portraits of each of the 8 U.S. Presidents from the State of Ohio.
- Renaissance M Street Hotel -- In partnership with the Corcoran Gallery of Art and College of Art + Design, the hotel will steer guests toward the latest exhibits and also feature in the hotel great room a rotating exhibit of the student art.
- Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square -- The hotel, scheduled to re-open late 2007 after an extensive renovation, has formed a partnership with the Tisch School for the Arts at New York University.
- Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel -- The hotel exhibits two murals by local artist Mel Abert, composed of historical photos from early Las Vegas. The photographs on both murals are printed and mounted on different levels for a three dimensional effect.
- Del Monte Lodge Hotel & Spa -- The hotel exhibits pieces of art by two very prominent artists, Wendell Castle and Lenard Urso. Their artwork can be seen throughout the hotel and spa.
- Renaissance Pittsburgh -- The hotel has an ongoing commitment to elevate all aspects of local art by featuring rotating art exhibits and is currently showing a new exhibit of art created by hotel associates.
- Renaissance Montura Hotel -- The hotel's "A Hotel Less Ordinary" themed 30-piece collection includes landscape, figurative, still life and abstract artworks researched and selected by private art consultant Josetta Sbeglia.
- Renaissance Agora Hills -- The hotel has paintings from artists Stewart and Elliott and lighting fixtures imported from Italy. Additionally, the hotel is in the process of determining the authenticity of some glass pieces that are believed to be Chihuly.
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel -- When entering the hotel, guests walk through the Portrait Gallery, where the walls are lined with historical shots of Olde Towne Portsmouth and significant events in Hampton Roads.
- Eden Roc Renaissance Resort & Spa -- As part of the hotel's $170 million renovation, Eden Roc is reaching out into the community and selecting a local artist to design and paint an art mural that will be showcased during the hotel's re-opening functions in February, 2008.
- Mayflower Hotel -- The Mayflower collection began in 1925 as paintings, tapestry, statuary, antique furniture and objects d'art were acquired for the opening of the hotel to be showcased in the Promenade.
- The Lodge at Sonoma -- The hotel features local art and artists. The Lobby Lounge incorporates a "Gallery," where the art changes about every 60 days. Much of the hotel's art features the local vineyards.
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel -- The hotel exhibits work by Raeanne Rubenstein, K.J. Schumacher, and Margaret Tolbert. The hotel employs its own art collector to oversee and obtain valuable pieces for the hotel.
- Renaissance Orlando Resort at Sea World -- The hotel exhibits the Wyland, a valuable piece of art appraised at $125-$150,000, as well as many bright and colorful pieces throughout the hotel.
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club -- The hotel offers the 2007 Escape! Museum Package that includes hotel accommodations and admission to The Florida International Museum, The Museum of Fine Arts or The Salvador Dali Museum.
- The Shelbourne Dublin, a Renaissance Hotel - The hotel features a series of notable paintings and artwork throughout the hotel lobby.
- The Renaissance Chemnitz Hotel - The hotel is the partner hotel of the City Art Gallery and offers a special package including tickets for the rotating exhibitions.
- Renaissance Shanghai Yuyuan - The hotel, which recently opened as Marriott's 3000th hotel, features glass art work by a Czech artist that is regarded as highly collectible and avant-garde.
Renaissance Hotels & Resorts is an upscale brand providing full-service accommodations with local flair to discriminating business and leisure travelers at more than 140 properties in 28 countries. The brand's presence is strong in the U.S. and worldwide, with approximately half of its properties in North America and half throughout Europe, South America, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Asia.
Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) is a leading lodging company with more than 2,900 lodging properties in the United States and 67 other countries and territories. Marriott International operates and franchises hotels under the Marriott, JW Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Courtyard, TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites and Bulgari brand names; develops and operates vacation ownership resorts under the Marriott Vacation Club, Horizons by Marriott Vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton Club and Grand Residences by Marriott brands; operates Marriott Executive Apartments; provides furnished corporate housing through its Marriott ExecuStay division; and operates conference centers. The company is headquartered in Bethesda, Md., and had approximately 151,000 employees at 2006 year-end. It is ranked as the lodging industry's most admired company and one of the best places to work for by FORTUNE®. The company is also a 2006 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ENERGY STAR® Partner. In fiscal year 2006, Marriott International reported sales from continuing operations of $12.2 billion. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at http://www.marriott.com.