An estimated 11.5 million skiers visit Colorado each year because it is a winter sport paradise, boasting over 41,000 feet of vertical rise, more than 29,000 acres of skiable terrain and approximately 4,000 inches of annual snowfall
ATLANTA (PRWEB) January 7, 2008
1. Ask for vacation rental recommendations from friends since you shouldn't always rely on pictures or information on the Internet alone.
2. Save time and money by booking directly on sites like Rentals.com.
3. Book during the late-season and you could save up to 50% on rentals. Lower rates less crowds may be found January, February and April.
4. Ask if there are discounted rates or lift tickets available. Most vacation property managers and owners run specials mid-week and often provide multi-day and mid-week tickets along with vacation rentals.
5. Read the fine print and make sure you understand rental terms and cancellation policies prior to signing any contracts.
6. Always pay by credit card. That makes it easier to get a refund if necessary.
7. Ask if there is a storage area within the home or complex for equipment such as skis or snowboards and find out if there is equipment available for use such as sleds.
8. Be sure to know where the shovels and salt are located on the premises prior to arrival. And if there is a lot of snow where you're headed, consider asking if a four-wheel drive vehicle is necessary in order to access the driveway and/or house.
9. Find out whether or not the unit you are renting is professionally managed. If not, what do you do if you get locked out or there is a maintenance issue?
10. If you're going with a group of people, confirm the total number of beds available and keep in mind that sometimes the count may include sofa beds and/or cots.
11. If you have a toddler, find out if the vacation home is child proofed. Does the home come with cribs and highchairs?
12. If you want to bring your pet, confirm the policy and associated fees.
With these tips in mind, what and where is the best ski destination?
"An estimated 11.5 million skiers visit Colorado each year because it is a winter sport paradise, boasting over 41,000 feet of vertical rise, more than 29,000 acres of skiable terrain and approximately 4,000 inches of annual snowfall," said Robert Turnbull, vice president, Rentals.com. "We're finding that more homes and condos are being made available for rent in Colorado due to this high demand."
Ski and board enthusiasts visiting Colorado can tackle the snowy slopes, soak up the breathtaking scenery and select from a wide range of areas to stay. Popular Colorado vacation rental locations include:
-- Beaver Creek
-- Steamboat Springs
-- Winter Park
Rentals.com is a comprehensive real estate rental site, providing single-unit and vacation rental information to consumers. The site encompasses nearly 45,000 complete listings, including its own as well as select inventory from ApartmentGuide.com. Its network of sites also delivers listings not only to Rentals.com, but RentalHouses.com and a variety of third party sites. For more information visit http://www.rentals.com.