save money at restaurants
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) January 26, 2012
Today, CreditDonkey.com released a list of the Best Restaurant Credit Cards, to help foodies save money, as household budgets remain strained.
According to the most recent data published by SpendingPulse, research entity of MasterCard Worldwide, Americans spent approximately $392 billion at restaurants annually in 2009. These expenditures account for roughly 34.6% of annual discretionary spending, but there were 0.7% fewer people eating out in 2009 compared to 2008.
The economic downturn over the past three years has created pent-up demand for dining out and two out of five consumers are not dining out as much as they would reportedly like, according to the National Restaurant Association.
The right restaurant credit card depends on the consumer's individual needs. CreditDonkey.com compared generous rewards, low interest rates, low fees and helpful benefits to determine the best credit cards for restaurants.
"With nearly half of consumer's food budget spent at restaurants, according to the National Restaurant Association, it's important that consumers get the most cash back," said Charles Tran, founder of the credit card comparison website, CreditDonkey.com.
Credit card issuers are serving up sizzling sign-on deals and appetizing benefits.
The experts at CreditDonkey.com recommend the following three types of credit cards for dining out, depending on your needs:
For consumers who like to dine out, earn cash back using restaurant credit cards with cash back
- Highlight: List includes a popular consumer credit card offering 2% cash back at restaurants year-round with no annual fee.
- "Earning cash back is simple and helps consumers save money at restaurants," says Tran.
For travelers who dine out frequently, enjoy travel benefits using restaurant credit cards with travel rewards
- Highlight: List includes a popular credit card for international travelers offering no foreign transaction fee and 50,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months.
- "It's often difficult to prepare your own meals when traveling. Savvy travelers can earn travel rewards toward future trips just by using the right travel credit card while eating out," says Tran.
For small business owners, earn rewards using business credit cards for dining out
- Highlight: List includes a popular business credit card offering a $250 cash back bonus after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months.
- "Entertaining clients and business lunch expenses can quickly add up. Using the right business rewards credit card allows you to reinvest the rewards into your growing business," says Tran.
Visit CreditDonkey.com to compare best credit card rewards. CreditDonkey.com publishes credit card deals, reviews and tips to help Americans make informed credit decisions. They can search, compare and apply online, finding the best credit cards for their needs.