We have assembled an experienced team of regulatory specialists and seasoned hospital professionals who will provide strategies and recommendations to help providers create a solid defense against the RACs.
Marblehead, MA (PRWEB) December 14, 2008
Summit will assist healthcare organizations to prepare for the permanent RAC program
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have recommended a series of preparation steps to providers during their November 12 RAC Open Door Forum, including the review and assessment of all findings from both the demonstration project and the permanent RACs. Key to preparation is that organizations ensure that they put in place an internal audit program.
In response to provider concerns and questions about the program, The Revenue Cycle Institute, part of HCPro, Inc., a portfolio company of Halyard Capital, and a leading provider of education and information on healthcare regulatory compliance and management, announced today the faculty selected for its first annual Recovery Audit Contactor Defense: A RAC Readiness Summit, to be held on March 19-20, 2009 at the Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa in Phoenix AZ
"The results of the RAC demonstration program revealed that providers are struggling with documentation, correct coding, and medical necessity. Our goal in this challenging regulatory climate is to assist our customers to employ best practices to prepare for the permanent RAC program," says Revenue Cycle Institute Managing Director Lori Levans. "We have assembled an experienced team of regulatory specialists and seasoned hospital professionals who will provide strategies and recommendations to help providers create a solid defense against the RACs."
Recovery Audit Contractor Defense will gather expert hospital professionals from California and New York as well as other industry experts who have experienced the demonstration project. The multidisciplinary faculty will share their lessons learned, and will cover internal preparation and tracking processes, the appeal process, and program preparation.
HCPro has confirmed key faculty members who will present, including:
- Patricia Blaisdell, Vice President for postacute care services with the
California Hospital Association. She provides membership support and advocacy for hospital-based medical rehabilitation and skilled nursing facilities.
- Yvonne Focke, RN, BSN, MBA, national revenue cycle consultant
who has conducted training and education sessions for hospital clients as part of HCPro, Inc.'s Revenue Cycle Institute. She is a former regional director of revenue cycle management at Mercy Health Partners in Southwest Ohio.
- Adriana van der Graaf, MBA, RHIA, CHP, CCS, was most recently Vice
President, Revenue Cycle for Cymetrix and director of HIM for the Community Memorial Hospital and Health System of San Buenaventura, in Ventura, CA. She has more than 20 years of experience in HIM.
- Stacey Levitt, RN, MSN, CPC, Director of patient care management at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. She is known for her in-depth knowledge of Medicare regulations and is an expert in data management and analysis relating to hospital and physician reimbursement.
- Tanja Twist, MBA/HCM, Director of patient financial services at Methodist Hospital of Southern California in Arcadia. She has been in healthcare management for more than 20 years and is the current national finance chairperson for the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM), the government relations chairperson for the Southern California chapter of AAHAM,
and a current member of the HFMA.
- Joe Zebrowitz, MD, Executive vice president and senior medical director of Executive Health Resources (EHR) in Newtown Square, PA. In this role, he developed EHR's suite of clinical revenue cycle management services. Zebrowitz works as a physician advisor and medical director at EHR client hospitals, leading clinical denial management and length-of-stay programs, quality initiatives, documentation and compliance programs, and independent peer review processes.
The HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute provides expert consultation to healthcare organizations including audits, assessments, operational reviews, and customized training programs. The Institute website makes available to providers white papers and analysis on issues such as Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs), Observation status, Coding and Chargemaster reviews, and the ED revenue cycle.
For more details on the RAC Readiness Summit or the Revenue Cycle Institute, visit http://www.revenuecycleinstitute.com or call 877/233-8734.
ABOUT HCPRO, INC.
Established in 1986, HCPro, Inc., (http://www.hcpro.com) is a portfolio company of Halyard Capital with corporate offices in Marblehead, MA. Providing information, products, and services assisting healthcare providers in North America and around the globe with regulatory compliance and best practices for healthcare management, the company delivers its mission-critical content in a wide variety of complementary, integrated platforms. Specializing in training programs as well as live events and consulting services, HCPro is the leader in meeting the specific needs of healthcare managers. Flagship HCPro brands include HealthLeaders Media and The Greeley Company. Additional information can be found at http://www.hcpro.com/about/press.cfm.
About Halyard Capital
Halyard Capital is a New York-based private equity firm with over $600 million of capital under management, focused on investing opportunities within the media, communications and business services industries. Halyard specializes in middle-market leveraged buyouts and growth equity investments. The firm has extensive experience and a proven track record within each of these sectors with investments including ImpreMedia, EducationDynamics, WMI, Engauge and Presidio Networks. Additional information can be found at http://www.halyard.com.