We are not only pleased that Travel Acquisitions Group has been able to attract such a respected, high caliber attorney, but we're confident that Bob Brill's rich background provides him with enormous insights into our organization from day one
(Vocus) February 13, 2009
Today, Eden Prairie (MN)-based Travel Acquisitions Group (TAG) is announcing it has tapped veteran attorney Robert Brill as its General Counsel. Brill joined TAG on January 21, 2009. Brill reports directly to TAG CEO Barry Liben and is operating from TAG's Eden Prairie (MN) headquarters.
"We are not only pleased that Travel Acquisitions Group has been able to attract such a respected, high caliber attorney, but we're confident that Bob Brill's rich background provides him with enormous insights into our organization from day one," stated TAG CEO Barry Liben. "In turn, that will benefit TAG tremendously as we look toward further growth and acquisitions."
As a graduate of Yale Law School, Brill brings over 30 years of legal expertise to Travel Acquisitions Group. Most recently, he served as General Counsel for Minneapolis-based MotivAction, LLC; however, Brill previously served as Vice President - Law for Carlson Companies, Inc., the former parent company to TAG's earlier incarnation as Carlson Leisure Group. Prior to Carlson, Brill served as counsel to General Mills and other clients via his own private practice.
With close to $7 billion in annual sales from its wholly-owned and franchised operations, Travel Acquisitions Group has quickly become one of the nation's ten largest travel companies. Travel Acquisitions Group was formed in January 2008 when TAG Chairman and Founder Michael Batt acquired the former Carlson Leisure Group from Minneapolis-based Carlson. In March 2008, TAG acquired the Florida-based TraveLeaders and has since rebranded it, along with its franchise network formerly known as Carlson Wagonlit Travel Associates, as Travel Leaders. In August 2008, TAG merged with New York-based Tzell Travel Group.
ABOUT TRAVEL ACQUISITIONS GROUP:
With over 1,600 travel agency locations, along with loyalty travel fulfillment and call centers, in the United States and Canada, Travel Acquisitions Group serves millions of individual corporate and leisure travelers, as well as select destinations.
Travel Acquisitions Group also manages numerous corporate, leisure and franchise travel operations throughout the United States under a variety of diversified brands, organized into five individual companies:
- Connexions Loyalty Travel Solutions (formerly Carlson Leisure Travel Services), which includes Fly4Less.com®, Distinctive Departures®, Employee/Member Vacation, Getaway Points®, Online Reward eXchange, Vacationsdirect.com and Insignia Personalized Products;
- ProQuest Travel Group, which includes All Aboard Travel, CruiseDeals.com, Cruise Specialists, Luxury Travel Network, Partners In Travel, SinglesCruise.com and wholly-owned leisure travel locations of Travel Leaders (formerly operating as both Carlson Wagonlit Travel and TraveLeaders);
- The Travel Franchise Group, comprised of franchised brands including Travel Leaders (formerly Carlson Wagonlit Travel Associates), Cruise Holidays, Results! Travel® and SeaMaster Cruises®, as well as Custom Destination Marketing Services;
- Travel Leaders Corporate, which includes all wholly-owned corporate travel locations and operations; and
- Tzell Travel Group, which offers customized quality traveler services with an expertise in cost containment, meeting services and comprehensive travel management programs.
Travel Acquisitions Group currently employs over 1,100 talented individuals and has travel sales through its company-owned locations approaching $2 billion, vaulting the company into the top 10 of all U.S.-based travel agency companies. Travel sales made within the various franchise groups involved are nearly $5 billion, helping it maintain its edge as the leading travel franchisor in North America.