According to a recent survey commissioned by Royal Caribbean International*, most Americans (90%) astoundingly ranked sex as the top activity on their cruise itinerary.
Miami (PRWEB) February 10, 2012
For couples looking to rekindle the spark in their romance, the sea is calling with a million ways to fall in love again. According to a recent survey commissioned by Royal Caribbean International*, most Americans (90%) astoundingly ranked sex as the top activity on their cruise itinerary. Respondents also consider cruises to be the most romantic type of vacation while offering a better value for their dollar (84%). More than four out of five respondents also say that a cruise with their partner is more romantic than a land-based vacation, with a whopping 98% opting for an exotic cruise – to Bermuda or Europe, perhaps – as a special way to celebrate a special moment or occasion, such as Valentine’s Day or an anniversary.
Royal Caribbean offers an endless array of options for keeping the passion alive. With 22 innovative ships, calling on more than 270 destinations in 72 countries across six continents, there is something for every couple – whether they envision a romantic epicurean experience with their significant other, exploring a port of call or simply sharing an intimate moment in the privacy of their stateroom. Based on the survey results, other reasons why couples should consider a cruise vacation with Royal Caribbean include:
- Love Liner: The vast majority of survey respondents say they left their last cruise feeling more “connected” with their partner (80%), being more in love with their partner (67%) and feeling more attracted to their partner (65%). Royal Caribbean can supply the ship – all you need is your mate.
- Relationship Rx: Is it possible to cruise your way to a better relationship? Perhaps. Nearly three-quarters of respondents say that spending time with their significant other on their most recent cruise improved their relationship.
- Port of Love: Respondents indicated that they are more likely to enjoy a number of romantic activities on a cruise than on a land-based vacation, including watching the sunset (72%), strolling in the moonlight (58%), stargazing (56%) and sharing a romantic dinner à deux (55%).
- The Motion of the Ocean: Half of the respondents say they are more likely to be intimate on a cruise than on a land-based vacation. And not only is sex more frequent on a cruise vacation, but many (62%) report that the sex on their last cruise was better than normal. Perhaps not surprisingly, night time is the right time, or most popular time of day to be amorous on a cruise (31%), while 28% prefer any time of day – morning, noon or night.
- Nautical Naughtiness: 24% cite their balcony as the place onboard where they would most like to be intimate – other than their stateroom, of course, and 58% are more likely to pack lingerie or sexy underwear for a cruise than a land-based vacation. For an astounding 90%, sex ranks as the top activity on their cruise itinerary, ahead of sitting by the pool (84%), enjoying nightlife options (83%) and shopping (70%).
For a limited time, there is one more reason why Royal Caribbean should rank high as a vacation choice for couples. During the “Month of Love,” lovebirds who book a cruise to Bermuda or Europe by Feb. 29 will receive a free “Romance Package” onboard – including roses, chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling wine. Ships visiting Bermuda stay overnight in port, so couples can enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences like sunset glass-bottom boat tours and snorkeling by moonlight. For guests booking a European cruise, no other part of the world has more memorable moments for two such as visits to legendary landmarks, gorgeous coastlines and charming towns. Royal Caribbean offers more than 100 itineraries for every romantic possibility.
Royal Caribbean has been committed to answering the call of the sea for the past 40 years, sailing every major sea in the world. With its history of creativity and innovation – delivering many at-sea industry firsts such as ice rinks, rock-climbing walls, zip lines, surfing simulators and Broadway shows – the cruise line continues to strive to deliver to guests an unforgettable and rejuvenating experience that appeals to vacationers of all ages.
Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand with 22 innovative ships, calling on more than 270 destinations in 72 countries across six continents. The line also offers unique cruise tour land packages in Alaska, Canada, Dubai, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
Royal Caribbean provides a world-class vacation experience with a wide range of signature onboard amenities, entertainment and award-winning family programming. The cruise line has a 40-year history of giving guests the Royal Advantage – the most innovative cruise ships, exciting itineraries to popular destinations and world-renowned friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service. Royal Caribbean has been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for nine consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards. For additional information or to make reservations, call your travel agent, visit RoyalCaribbean.com or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN. Follow Royal Caribbean on Facebook at Facebook.com/RoyalCaribbean or on Twitter, @RoyalCaribbean. Travel professionals should visit cruisingpower.com or call (800) 327-2056.
Royal Caribbean International is part of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., a global cruise vacation company that also operates Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, Pullmantur, CDF Croisieres de France, as well as TUI Cruises through a 50 percent joint venture with TUI AG. The company owns a combined total of 40 ships and has one under construction and one under agreement.
- Survey Methodology: This survey was conducted online between Jan. 27th and Feb. 1st, 2012, among a national probability sample of 1,000 adults 18 years of age or older who live in the continental United States. Half the sample was respondents who have previously taken a cruise, and the other half was respondents who have not taken a cruise but are interested in taking a future cruise. All respondents indicated that they are currently in a relationship (either married or dating).
# # #