Miami, FL (Vocus) September 2, 2009
Royal Caribbean International garnered the most gold and most total awards in the cruise ship category in the 2009 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards. Among its 12 wins, the cruise line took gold for Freedom of the Seas, the H2O Zone kids' water park and Presidential Family Suite on Freedom-class ships, the Clues to the Cruise marketing campaign, and the overview video and official website of Oasis of the Seas. Royal Caribbean was conferred the accolades from the award's panel of judges, comprising some of today's most respected travel industry professionals.
Royal Caribbean International's 2009 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards included:
- Gold Award for Overall Large Cruise Ship (Over 1200 Passengers) - Freedom of the Seas
- Gold Award for Suite Design on a Contemporary Ship - Presidential Family Suite
- Gold Award for Pool Design on a Contemporary Ship - H2O Zone
- Gold Award for Cruise Marketing Website - http://www.OasisoftheSeas.com
- Gold Award for Cruise Advertising/Marketing Campaign - Clues to the Cruise
- Gold Award for Cruise Marketing Promotional Video - Oasis of the Seas Overview
- Silver Award for Overall Contemporary Ship - Mariner of the Seas
- Silver Award for Cruise Advertising/Marketing Campaign - Nation of Why Not
- Silver Award for Cruise Web Marketing/Advertising - Rodale Online Advertising
- Silver Award for Print Advertising - Cruisetour Trade Campaign
- Silver Award for Cruise Marketing Website - http://www.RoyalCaribbeanProductions.com
- Silver Award for Cruise Marketing Promotional Video - Central Park Reveal
Royal Caribbean also had received four awards in the sixth annual Travel Weekly Readers Choice announced in December 2008. Among those wins were Cruise Line Overall, Cruise Line Sales and Service, Cruise Line Caribbean, and Overall Individual Best in Cruise Ships for Freedom of the Seas.
The Magellan Awards is the premier award for the travel industry. From design to marketing to services, the Travel Weekly Magellan Awards honors the best in travel and salutes the outstanding travel professionals behind it all.
Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand with 20 ships currently in service and two under construction. The line also offers unique cruise tour land packages in Alaska, Canada, Dubai, Europe, and Australia and New Zealand. For additional information or to make reservations, call your travel agent, visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN. Travel professionals should go to http://www.cruisingpower.com or call (800) 327-2056.
# # #