Houston, TX (PRWEB) January 15, 2008
ConnectMyHighSpeed understands the hassle, time and money that go into cleaning a home computer once it has been hacked or infected with a virus or worm. Below are some tips to safeguard home computers.
- Attachments - People should not open attachments from people they don't know. Most viruses are transmitted in this manner.
- Pop Up Windows - These look innocent enough but if a person was to click on them they can download harmful applications to their computer. It's better to click the "X" to close them. Also folks should set their Internet browser setting to not allow pop ups.
- Antivirus and Spyware Software - Install antivirus and spyware software on all home computers. Make sure to keep them updated too.
- Firewall - Set up a firewall so the computer is not accessible to hackers.
- Update Your Computer - Always update a home computer so that it has the most current software versions.
- WiFi - Consumers need to be aware that people can hack into their computer when they are using their WiFi if they are not properly protected.
ConnectMyHighSpeed.com offers consumers the latest in innovative Internet services for their home. Consumers can upgrade from dial up, find the best price on Internet service, order from the nation's top brands and lower their bills in one, central site. ConnectMyHighSpeed.com is part of the WhiteFence network.