ChemTel's comprehensive regulatory services complement Safetec's advanced technology.
Vancouver, WA and Tampa, FL (PRWEB) March 31, 2010
Safetec Compliance Systems, Inc., the leading provider of chemical compliance management solutions, and ChemTel, Inc., the nation’s premiere emergency response support center, are pleased to announce a partnership to jointly deliver critical compliance support for manufacturers, transporters and users of chemicals. The combination of Safetec’s Chemical Compliance Manager (CCM) application and services and ChemTel’s Emergency Response Service will provide ‘state-of-the-art’ emergency preparedness and critical compliance support for any chemical related emergency.
Safetec’s customers will have access to ChemTel’s Emergency Response Call Center, one of only four federally recognized Emergency Response Communication Call Centers. Located in Tampa, Florida, ChemTel has provided exceptional and accurate emergency mitigation services to the hazardous materials transportation industry for over twenty years.
ChemTel services now available to Safetec customers include:
- Live operator assistance 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year by a highly trained and experienced staff of emergency mitigation professionals
- Global technical support uniquely designed to address the transport safety needs of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide
- Immediate and reliable first aid information, incident mitigation procedures to medical personnel and on-scene responders via access to the customer’s MSDS/SDS collection in Safetec’s CCM application
- Automated transfers to a poison control center or to medical professionals in the events of life threatening exposures or product misuse
- Readily available third party translation services into sixty-five foreign languages including German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Moroccan, Indian, Swedish and Norwegian
- Compliance with the 49 CFR 172.604 Federal Regulation which requires all shippers of a regulated hazardous material, substance or waste to provide a 24-hour emergency contact number
"ChemTel's comprehensive regulatory services complement Safetec's advanced technology. ChemTel has an exceptional reputation for providing outstanding service; our customers will greatly benefit from this partnership,” said Jim Frohlich, Safetec President and CEO.
According to Liz Theofilos, CEO of ChemTel, “ChemTel is pleased to be selected as the preferred provider of 24-hour emergency response services for Safetec clients. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Safetec organization and their capabilities in the field of MSDS management and chemical compliance. We look forward to assisting them in supplying comprehensive compliance programs to their prestigious client base with our internationally recognized and highly regarded 24-hour Emergency Response Call Center.”
Safetec Compliance Systems, Inc. is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company dedicated to providing world-class chemical and regulatory compliance solutions to organizations globally, with an emphasis on MSDS/SDS, chemical inventory, GHS, REACH, environmental reporting and sustainability. Safetec’s leading technologies are designed to reduce costs and simplify compliance while protecting employees and the environment. Safetec backs its solutions with the highest commitment to customer service. For additional information about Safetec or the services they offer, please visit http://www.safetec.net or call (888) 745-8943.
ChemTel, Inc. was founded in 1989 to provide comprehensive DOT and OSHA compliance services to the hazardous material manufacturing and transportation industries. With a 24-hour Emergency Telecommunications Call Center staffed by Chemists, Industrial Toxicologists, Certified Hazardous Materials Managers, and a highly experienced team of Emergency Response Operators, ChemTel provides extremely reliable emergency mitigation information and accurate technical knowledge on all aspects of hazardous materials management and transportation. For additional information about ChemTel please visit http://www.chemtelinc.com or call (813) 248-0573.