Though our products are not named in the recall
Gilbert, AZ (Vocus) December 17, 2009
The CPSC announced a recall on certain Roman Shades and Roll up shades. Select Blinds is offering free retro fit repair kits to any consumer for all Roman shades and Roll Up style shades.
"Though our products are not named in the recall", states Select Blinds' founder Rick Steele, "we understand there may be similarities between the products named, and certain products offered on our site." Mr. Steele, and the entire team at Select Blinds, understands that it's not always a simple matter to get through to government agencies. "Getting the kits to concerned parents is of the utmost importance. We have the exact same kits as those offered by the CPSC, so we want to give families another option to obtain them". Mr. Steele continued, "As the father of two, I certainly understand the importance of peace of mind, so we are pleased to send out kits for free to any consumer who needs them".
The kits offered by Select Blinds will work on all Roman Style shades, and roll up shades, including their products, and can be ordered free of charge by visiting Select Blinds online or by calling (888) 257-1840, and choosing option #3. Detailed information about this recall can be found at http://www.windowcoverings.org.
Select Blinds is a proponent of safety, and would like to encourage all parents to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Window Coverings Safety Council. The guidelines state;
Parents and caregivers are being reminded of potential window-cord dangers and are urged to make the right choice and only use cordless window products in homes with young children. Owners and renters should replace all window coverings in the home made before 2001 with today's safer products.
To maximize window-cord safety when young children are present, consumers are urged to follow these safety guidelines:
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children.
- Replace window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with today's safer products.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
- Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of the reach of children.
- Make sure that tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall.
- Make sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a windowsill.
Visit Select Blinds to view our full selection of Cordless Shades.
About Select Shops, owner of Select Blinds:
Headquartered in Gilbert, AZ, Select Shops owns the leading online destinations for ready-to-install and custom-made home fashions, including SelectBlinds.com, SelectRugs.com, SelectFans.com and SelectBedding.com. Select Blinds is focused on providing a tremendous variety of blinds, shades and other windows treatments to its customers. All of Select Shops Web sites offer competitive pricing, all of its products. For more information, please visit http://www.selectblinds.com.