Middleburg, VA (PRWEB) October 8, 2008
Work at Salamander Resort & Spa, the 168-room luxury resort located in the beautiful and historic village of Middleburg, continues on schedule for a spring 2010 opening.
The vision of noted philanthropist and entrepreneur Sheila C. Johnson and her Salamander Hospitality company, the resort is located in the midst of Virginia's horse and wine country and sits on 340 acres. However, it is only 35 minutes from Washington Dulles Airport to the east and 30 minutes from Winchester Regional Airport to the west.
Some of the resort's main features include:
- A building design that blends into the area's natural surroundings, and replicates the architectural traditions of Virginia's countryside. Salamander is also registered to become one of America's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified resorts, and 70 percent of the land on which it sits has been placed into a conservation easement.
- Guestrooms and suites inspired by renowned designer Thomas Pheasant. Typical guestrooms range in size from 545-575 square feet, while the 17 suites are highlighted by the 2,000-square-foot Presidential Suite.
- A 23,000-square-foot spa with 14 treatment rooms. Many feature private outdoor terraces, large enough on which to enjoy full treatment options. The spa also features two outdoor "treehouse" treatment rooms in the edge of the woods overlooking a stream bank. Other features include a tranquil outdoor spa courtyard with an infinity edged relaxation pool, Jacuzzi and fireplace. There is also a fitness center, an indoor pool, outdoor family pool and tennis courts.
- Championship golf at the nearby Jack Nicklaus-designed Creighton Farms Estates
- A 22-stall equestrian stable, along with practice ring, instructional programming and miles of scenic riding trails throughout the property.
- Virginia Piedmont-inspired dining in the resort's signature restaurant. Todd Gray, owner and chef of the acclaimed Equinox restaurant in Washington, DC, is the Creative Director of Cuisine. The resort also features a signature cooking studio, a billiard room and wine bar. Tours of the 20 wineries located within 30 minutes of the property can be easily arranged.
- A variety of luxurious and flexible meeting space, including a 200-year-old stallion barn, the Terrace Lawn at the Pond and the 5,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom. The resort, which features a total of 12,000 square feet of meeting space, can also arrange group functions for up to 30 people at its private suite at The Verizon Center, home to Washington DC's NBA, NHL and WNBA teams.
The design architect for the project is WATG from Newport Beach, CA, and the architect of record is Architecture, Inc, of Reston, VA. Forrest Perkins of Dallas is the interior designer, while BluSpas of Whitefish, MT, is the spa consultant. Turner Construction of New York City is the general contractor, and Mark G. Anderson Consultants of Washington, D.C., is the project manager.
For more information about Salamander Resort & Spa, or to reach the group sales department, call 540-687-3600 or visit http://www.salamanderresort.com. The resort does have special pre-opening group offers available. To view the property's e-brochure, visit http://www.salamanderresort.com/ebrochure.
About Salamander Hospitality:
Salamander Resort & Spa is owned and managed by Salamander Hospitality, a privately owned and operated company based in Middleburg, VA, just outside Washington, D.C. Founded by entrepreneur Sheila C. Johnson in 2005, the company owns, manages and develops hotels, resorts and inns that reflect the authenticity and character of their surrounding environment. The portfolio includes Innisbrook Golf Resort and Club near Tampa, Fla., and Woodlands Resort & Inn near Charleston, SC, which is one of only three properties in North America to hold Mobil Five Star and AAA Five Diamond ratings for both accommodations and dining. Salamander Hospitality also owns and operates a division of gourmet prepared food markets called Market Salamander with locations in Middleburg and Palm Beach, FL, and Salamander Touch, a fine goods and linen store in Middleburg for the luxury resort lifestyle. For additional information, call (540) 687-3710 or visit http://www.salamanderhospitality.com.