Retailers already have Christmas items in stores and will continue to release special sales starting with Veteran’s Day through the last-minute Christmas Eve shopping rush.
Valhalla, NY (PRWEB) November 02, 2011
With 23 days until Black Friday and 52 shopping days until Christmas, SaleLocator (http://salelocator.com), a shopping and sales search engine and mobile app, is reminding consumers of key dates to remember for this season’s holiday shopping trips.
“Retailers already have Christmas items in stores and will continue to release special sales starting with Veteran’s Day through the last-minute Christmas Eve shopping rush. Make your gift-giving lists and start shopping now to spread out your holiday spending,” said Michael Falkson, co-founder and CEO of SaleLocator.
SaleLocator recommends keeping these key shopping dates in mind:
- Veteran’s Day Weekend: Nov. 11-Nov. 13 – Many retailers kick off the holiday sales push over Veterans Day weekend and offer discounts on a variety of Christmas gift products. Continue to check SaleLocator for these special deals.
- Black Friday: Nov. 25 – The Friday after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year. Expect major price breaks, early morning specials and extended hours on Black Friday and throughout the Thanksgiving weekend. Monitor SaleLocator to plan your shopping trip accordingly.
- Small Business Saturday: Nov. 26 – Support your local small businesses on the Saturday following Thanksgiving. Many communities plan holiday-themed events, e.g., Santa visits, hot chocolate, gift wrapping and carriage or trolley rides, to encourage consumers to shop at local retailers.
- Cyber Monday: Nov. 28 – For those who don't get to the stores over the Thanksgiving weekend, check out the various online retail specials and coupon codes available the Monday after Thanksgiving – now known as the biggest online Holiday shopping day.
- Green Monday: Dec. 12 – If you are planning to do your shopping online, order gifts by this date to ensure receipt before the holidays and without incurring rush charges. Also, look for one-day only free shipping codes.
Shoppers can use SaleLocator during the entire holiday shopping season to find the best deals on popular gifts including hot toys and electronics. A SaleLocator Christmas tab, which auto-populates when holiday deals become available, provides bargains nearby or shoppers can search for sales based on keyword or category including Clothing and Apparel, Consumer Electronics, Jewelry & Watches, Toys & Games and more.
SaleLocator, which can be accessed online or via its iPhone and Android mobile app, offers 275,000 local in-store retail sales for nearly 1,000 retailers, drugstores and grocers.
A nationwide shopping and sales search engine and mobile app, SaleLocator offers the largest collection of in-store sale information to help local bargain hunters find the best ongoing sales near them. Founded in 2010, SaleLocator is providing local shoppers an average of 275,000 sales per day. For more information visit http://salelocator.com.