San Diego, CA (Vocus) January 29, 2009 -
"Foundations of Persuasive Presentations" is now available as a free e-Course at the Working Smarter blog (http://blog.smartdraw.com), part of the Working Smarter Network (WSN), an exclusive consortium of websites and blogs that provide varied, useful and relevant information to help businesspeople be more effective.
Whether a business sells a product or a service, persuasive presentations are a key to success. "Foundations of Persuasive Presentations" takes a detailed look at engaging an audience based on their needs, gaining their trust by developing an advisory relationship, and helping them to more easily come to a decision.
This e-Course is divided into five parts and is delivered by email to those who register directly at http://www.smartdraw.com/ecourse-windsor-persuasive/signup.htm. "Foundations of Persuasive Presentations" includes, but is not limited to:
1. The Big Picture -- Tune in to your audience's goals. Learn how the achievement of that goal benefits them, and how you can instantly and memorably express that goal in your presentation.
2. Visions of the Future -- Get your audience involved in your presentation on a deeper, more personal level right from the start by asking the right questions.
3. So Many Choices -- Learn why acknowledging your competition in a presentation actually helps make your audience's decision easier.
4. Yeah, But -- Preempt your audience's objections, questions and concerns to build trust and credibility.
5. Don't Take My Word for it -- People like to look to the actions of others to help them decide how to respond. Giving them an easy means to do so will make for a quicker decision.
"Foundations of Persuasive Presentations" is authored by John Windsor, an award-winning marketer, columnist for Sales & Marketing Management, and creator of the You-Me Framework™ and The YouBlog. Windsor has held executive-level positions in marketing, sales and business development throughout his career. He holds an MBA from UCLA's Anderson School of Management.
About the Working Smarter Network
The Working Smarter Network (WSN) is an exclusive consortium of websites and blogs that provide varied, relevant and useful information to help businesspeople be more effective. The content provided by WSN members is geared towards managers, business owners, consultants, and other professionals who want to improve their productivity by learning and applying the best techniques available. The WSN currently consists of 24 members whose specialties include presentation skills, sales management, training, leadership, marketing, and communicating visually. The WSN was founded in December 2008 by SmartDraw.com. Please visit the Working Smarter blog at http://blog.smartdraw.com.
Michelle Francis Munroe, for the Working Smarter Network