Interest in the 2012 research exceeded capacity. In response, we have asked our researchers to accommodate 25 additional dates. We believe sales force effectiveness has moved up the priority list for many companies.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) July 12, 2011
Sales Benchmark Index has released the results of their 5th annual Sales Strategy study, during which they analyzed over 11,000 companies worldwide to assess their approach to the annual sales planning process.
Topics in this year’s study include:
- Compensation programs that pay reps for the value they create
- Organizational models that put the right number and type of reps in optimized territories, with reasonable goals
- Lead generation programs that fill the funnel
- Updated selling methodologies that reflect new buying processes
- Ways to attract, select, and onboard top sales talent
- Getting the most from front line sales managers.
"Interest in the 2012 research exceeded capacity." Noted Greg Alexander, CEO of Sales Benchmark Index. "In response, we have asked our researchers to accommodate 25 additional dates. This may serve as an indicator. We believe sales force effectiveness has moved up the priority list for many companies."
The 2012 Sales Strategy study analyzed sales organizations across dozens of metrics and found that many companies intend to increase their investments in their sales teams in response to CEO’s search for top line revenue expansion.
- Head count budgets are expected to increase
- Demand generation spend is forecasted to double
- Sales training efforts are on the rise
- For the first time in 3 years, target compensation for sales reps is expected to increase.
This year Sales Benchmark Index is presenting their study findings in a nation-wide tour. SBI researchers are traveling to company head quarters and reviewing the 10 best practices, directly with sales leaders. The sessions are at no cost to the participating companies for the tour has been sponsored by the firm’s publisher. Company executives learn how their sales strategy for 2012 compares to best practices, by participating in these interactive sessions. For those that are interested in scheduling a visit from SBI researchers you'll find registration information at:
Or Contact Aaron Mandelbaum:
Sales Benchmark Index provides sales consulting services to leading organizations across the private and public sectors. These companies are seeking to increase their rate of revenue growth. Unlike traditional sales improvement approaches, such as software implementations or skills training, we offer superior value because we rely on the benchmarking method to deliver results. This method of sales consulting allows for results to be delivered quickly with little organizational disruption. This is accomplished through the use of best-in-class diagnostic tools and solutions that are supported with verifiable truth.