Downloading PrimePay’s sample handbook was just the template I needed to modify and refine an older version of my employee handbook. It addressed many issues I hadn’t included in my original handbook and was easy to customize for my business.
West Chester, PA (PRWEB) November 16, 2011
PrimePay Inc., a leading nationwide provider of payroll, tax, HR, insurance and benefit services, is helping business owners avoid workplace policy miscommunications by giving companies a no cost, customizable, sample employee handbook. When company policies are not communicated in a consistent manner or when benefit plans are not explained properly, misunderstandings occur. Legal disputes may arise when the issues involve things like discrimination, workplace harassment, overtime pay and attendance policies.
Why is an employee handbook critical for businesses? A number of court cases have confirmed that business owners can help protect themselves against legal disputes by publishing an employee handbook. An employee handbook provides companies with a mechanism so every employee receives the same information on workplace rules and HR policies. A well written, up-to-date HR handbook is a must have for every business.
An employee handbook or workplace policy manual is one of the most essential communication tools between a business and its employees. Many small businesses either don’t have an employee handbook or haven’t updated their workplace policies in quite some time. With 2012 right around the corner, now is the perfect time to tackle this project. Not sure where to start? PrimePay’s 37-page sample employee handbook does a lot of the heavy lifting and gives companies a great head start. Just ask LeAnn Carlson, CEO of Lauren’s Hope.
“Downloading PrimePay’s sample handbook was just the template I needed to modify and refine an older version of my employee handbook,” said LeAnn Carlson, CEO of Lauren’s Hope. “It addressed many issues I hadn’t included in my original handbook and was easy to customize for my business.” Lauren’s Hope offers the largest selection of fashionable medical ID jewelry products. Their collection of medical ID jewelry offers hundreds of stylish medical ID’s for men, women and children.
Here are some tips for customizing an employee handbook so businesses can create a comprehensive tool for communicating workplace policies to employees:
1. Start with a sample employee handbook… and improve upon it. It’s important to carefully review the sample employee handbook and enhance it so it outlines the company’s policies, guidelines, responsibilities, practices and procedures.
2. Add state specific information. Companies that operate in more than one state, and even in more than one city in the same state, need to be particularly careful. Certain laws and regulations, particularly in the area of employment discrimination, can vary significantly from state to state and even from city to city.
3. Have the employee handbook reviewed by a professional. Federal, state and local laws governing employment are too complex to create a “one size fits all” employee handbook. This sample handbook should be used as a template for companies to outline the HR and workplace policies that are appropriate for their business.
PrimePay’s sample employee handbook can be customized to meet the needs of any small or medium sized business. An employee handbook generally addresses HR policies, procedures and guidelines including:
- At-will disclaimer
- General work policies & procedures
- Orientation & training
- Workplace harassment
- Compensation & benefits
- Holidays, vacation & other leave policies
- Internet & email policies
PrimePay, Inc. specializes in providing payroll, tax, HR, insurance and benefit services for small and medium sized businesses. Recognized nationally, PrimePay offers full service payroll as well as options for web payroll entry and paperless payroll for an eco-friendly solution. From flexible spending accounts and retirement plans to workers’ comp insurance and time and attendance solutions, PrimePay strives to help clients increase profitability and improve efficiencies. PrimePay’s area of expertise with franchise payroll services has resulted in a number of national franchise accounts and affinity marketing programs for well known organizations. PrimePay was founded in 1986 and has more than 35 offices nationwide. Find them at http://www.primepay.com.