San Diego, California (PRWEB) January 01, 2012
Market Target, a leading provider of SEO Training San Diego and SEO San Diego released today a list of seven simple tips for new websites. Search engine optimization, referred to more frequently as simply SEO, continues to grow in importance as website and business owners realize the importance of making their sites easy to find in top search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Increasingly, website administrators are turning to San Diego SEO Consulting to increase their sites’ ranking in search engine results. Such efforts can be costly—usually running anywhere from hundreds to thousands of dollars a month for even the most modest websites.
While such marketing investments can prove profitable in the long run, they aren’t always necessary. Owners and administrators of new websites can prime their websites for optimum search engine results by taking a number of straightforward and simple steps.
7 Simple SEO Tips for New Websites
1. Domain Choice: Website owners should choose a domain name that’s relevant to or even contains the search engine keywords the site targets. For example, a San Diego company hoping to capture a share of the Computer Support market could register the domain computersupportsandiego.com, or should at least consider finding a way to include “computersupport” in the domain name.
2. Keyword Research: The Google AdWords Keyword Tool offers website administrators an invaluable tool for researching and choosing which keywords to target. This tool allows users to find out how frequently a set of keywords (and a number of other related phrases) are typed into Google and how much competition there is for each keyword or phrase. Ideally, site administrators should look for phrases with high search volume and low competition.
3. URL Optimization: Each web page has a URL or address, and search engine’s crawlers take note of them. Rather than having randomly generated page URLs or numbered URLs, site administrators should include targeted keywords in each page’s URL.
4. Social Media Promotion: Search engines are growing smarter about social media and including social media related metrics in their site ranking algorithms. Site administrators should establish Facebook,LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter accounts (as appropriate) that promote and link to articles and other content on the main site.
5. Publication Timeline: Many new website owners publish their websites too soon. Websites should not go live until there is enough content on them to create the a professional and finished appearance. A mostly empty website will have a negative effect on both search engine crawlers’ and live users’ perceptions.
6. Link Building: The more links a website has pointed at it, the more popular it will become—among both users and search engines. Website owners and administrators can build links by finding partner sites with which they can collaborate, participating in online forums and social media sites, submitting online press releases, submitting articles to online article repositories, creating YouTube videos, and submitting comments to news and editorial sites.
7. Natural Language: While it’s true that spamming keywords in a website could once improve a site’s ranking, that’s no longer the case. Content writers should include targeted keywords where appropriate but should not try to artificially inflate the frequency of target keywords. If a page’s keyword density is such that it’s likely to make a typical reader cringe, then it’s probably too high for search engine crawlers as well.
Since 2009, MarketTarget has been a leading provider of Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing and SEO Training Services. As a full service San Diego SEO services firm, MarketTarget also offers full service web marketing, SEO consulting services and custom SEO training options specifically tailored for small businesses. What sets Market Target apart from the competition is a mixture of Results, Communication, Pricing and Service. Our team of SEO Consulting Experts is focused on delivering SEO Services for San Diego, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco and Las Vegas. To learn more about what Market Target can do for you, please call 877-828-0196, email us marketing(at)markettarget(dot)com or visit our website at http://www.markettarget.com
Market Target has offices in the following locations;
Market Target Carlsbad
1902 Wright Place Suite 200
Carlsbad, California 92008
Market Target San Diego
445 Eastgate Mall Suite 200
San Diego, California 92121
Market Target New York
590 Madisson Avenue
New York City, New York 10022