“We wanted to bridge the gap between music and technology experts, between successful and amateur artists, in a setting that will inspire conversation and advance the industry as a whole.” - Roland Ligtenberg, co-founder, SDMTC
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) September 2, 2010
The San Diego Music & Technology Conference (SDMTC) is the first event of its kind to celebrate the convergence between music producers, enthusiasts and technology innovators. This essential breeding ground for the advancement of electronic music on the left coast will attract electronic music artists, industry professionals, technology innovators and music enthusiasts to the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego on Thursday and Friday, September 16 and 17, 2010.
“SDMTC is an open innovation platform for the advancement of electronic music by bringing the music industry and leading technology companies together,” explains SDMTC co-founder, Roland Ligtenberg. “We wanted to bridge the gap between music and technology experts, between successful and amateur artists, in a setting that will inspire conversation and advance the industry as a whole.”
SDMTC will consist of panels, workshops and showcases of the latest trends in music and technology from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. Simultaneously, poolside music events will be taking place from noon to 6 p.m. at Float, just outside the conference rooms at the Hard Rock Hotel. The evening will be comprised of networking events from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Following is an overview of subjects that will be discussed on panels over the course of two days:
- Advancement in Audio Technology
- Aesthetics, Visual Stage Pros, and Light Shows
- Alternative Revenue Streams & Funding Music
- Evolution of Devices & Software Applications
- Evolution of Media Sharing Systems
- Experimental Electronic Music & Instruments
- Future of Mobile Utilization & Music
- Future of Music: Generation Y
- Leveraging Social Media & Online Brand Identity
- Mobile Applications & Music
- Music Blogging & Exclusive Coverage Hunting
- Pirate Radio, Podcasts, Live Broadcasting
- Remixes, Producing & the Law
- Taste Makers & Culture Forming
- Technology in Web Apps & Software & APIs
The conference will be brimming with taste makers and experts from various sides of the industries, including two keynote speakers: Jay Warinske, CEO and co-founder of INDIEPOWER.com who has worked with such names as U2, Paul Oakenfold, Black Eyed Peas, Jes, Tiesto, BT and Daft Punk, and Naut Humon, former Director of International Operations for RML, Asphodel Records and AV curator for select portions of the annual ARS Electronica Festival in Austria where he also helped coordinate their Digital Music’s category for ten years. SDMTC will also feature this partial list of confirmed panelists:
- Peter Otto - Director of Music & Technology @ University of California San Diego
- Matt Moldover - Controllerist at Moldover Inc.
- Eric Weiner - Founder/Blogger; The Wild Honey Pie Music Blog
- Blas Yaselli - Founder/CEO; TheMusicNinja.com
- Tasso Okinawa - VJ Producer at Coachella Festival
- Vello Virkhaus - Founder; VSquaredLabs
- Sid Zuber - CEO; Creative Marketing Agency
- Lee Martin - Lead Developer; Sound Cloud
- Iason Chronis - DJ Mason - Artist/Producer
- San Proper - DJ San Proper - Artist/Producer
- Peter Ellegaard - Nokia; Slacker Radio
- Manoman - Concept Producer
- Taylor Doms - Founder/CEO; TheMixster.com
- Kevin Greene - Attorney; Thomas Jefferson Law School
- Michael Hoisington - Attorney; Higgs; Fletcher & Mac LLP
SDMTC will feature two evening networking events, the first of which will be held from 7 p.m. – 2 a.m. on Thursday, September 16 at LoungeSD. This private networking event will be open only to VIP conference pass holders, conference panelists and participants, confirmed press and individuals who buy tickets to the event in advance. This event will feature a hosted bar and an intimate performance by world-renowned DJ, MASON, who's track Exceeder continues to be one of the most progressive and widely-recognized tracks in electronic music, as well as DJ San Proper, DJ Manoman and the winner of the Sonicbids DJ competition. The second after-party event will be held on Friday, September 17 and details will be announced closer to the event.
SDMTC was co-founded and is being organized by Dr. Vakas Sial, co-founder of Vegas Music Conference, and Roland Ligtenberg, founder of the San Diego Electronic Music Initiative. SDMTC is being presented by such sponsors as: QUALCOMM, Sonicbids, SoundCloud, 8tracks, Consuul, Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, SDEMI.org, TheMixster.com, UCSD, Home Ec Design, UBroadcast, Mashable, Eventvibe, iZigg, LightMountainPartners and Mintphonic.
For more information, visit http://www.SDMTC.com.