Availability of global graphical weather completes the integration of Pro Line 21 into our FlightDeck Freedom suite of services. FDF customers now have access to all of the datalink capabilities offered on the Rockwell Collins platform
Satellite Beach, Fla. (Vocus) June 9, 2010
Satcom Direct, a leading innovator of satellite voice, fax, datalink, and Internet communications solutions, has added graphical weather to its existing FlightDeck Freedom™ (FDF) service for aircraft equipped with Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21™ Integrated Flight Information System (IFIS).
Aircraft types that use the Pro Line 21 Integrated Flight Information System include the Bombardier Challenger 300 and 605; the Cessna CJ1+, CJ2+, CJ3, CJ4, Encore+, and XLS+; the Gulfstream G150®; and the Hawker 750, 800XP, 850XP, and 900XP. Using FlightDeck Freedom, aircraft operators will have access to a variety of graphical weather products, showing actual or forecast weather conditions.
“Availability of global graphical weather completes the integration of Pro Line 21 into our FlightDeck Freedom suite of services. FDF customers now have access to all of the datalink capabilities offered on the Rockwell Collins platform,” said Jim Jensen, founder and owner of Satcom Direct. “By adding graphical weather information to our FlightDeck Freedom service, our customers now have access to current visual weather data, which can help them make more informed decisions about changes in altitude or if they need to route around adverse weather.”
Graphical weather selections for Pro Line 21 that are available with FlightDeck Freedom include:
- NEXRAD – available in U.S. only – shows radar summary with position and intensity of precipitation
- NEXRAD with Tops/Movement – available in U.S. only – displays radar data with indication of altitude of echo tops and direction of movement
- Weather Depiction – available worldwide – displays CATMET (categorical METAR), a color-coded weather depiction chart indicating flight rule conditions (IFR or VFR) for a variety of airports
- Winds – available worldwide – displays forecast wind direction, speed, and temperature; winds may be requested for various flight levels, forecast times, and world regions
- Icing – available worldwide – displays areas where aircraft icing is most likely to occur; icing may be requested for various flight levels, forecast times, and world regions
- Turbulence – available worldwide – indicates where Clear Air Turbulence (CAT) is most likely to occur; turbulence may be requested for various flight levels, forecast times, and world regions
About Satcom Direct
Founded in 1997, Satcom Direct is the leading innovator of satellite voice, fax, and broadband data service solutions for business and general aviation, military, government, emergency response, media, and other industries that demand secure and reliable global communications. Its primary product, Global One Number®, is an advanced connection service for aeronautical, maritime, and land mobile applications that makes satellite communications as reliable and simple to use as ground-based telephones. Satcom Direct’s extensive product portfolio also includes Aero V(SM), Aero X®, FlightDeck Freedom™ (FDF), One View™, Plane Simple®, Satcom OnSite, and SD Flight Tracker; Inmarsat’s Classic Voice, Swift 64, and SwiftBroadband; Iridium Aero Services; and ViaSat® Yonder(SM) Ku-band Mobile Broadband. For more information regarding Satcom Direct, visit satcomdirect.com, e-mail sales(at)satcomdirect(dot)com, or call +1.321.777.3000. To view Satcom Direct’s portable satellite communication equipment and services, including satellite phones and BGAN units, visit http://www.satcomstore.com, e-mail mobileops(at)satcomdirect(dot)com, or call +1.321.777.0771.
# # #