Performance-minded individuals that require the use of multiple applications simultaneously, demand longer battery life and require reliable wireless Internet will certainly notice the benefits from the AMD Turion technology.
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) September 25, 2007
This desktop replacement is available in such configurations as the Satellite P205D-S7479 and Satellite P205D-S7438, which are equipped with the latest AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology Gold Edition TL-64 processor(1) and AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 processor(1) respectively. Each processor is designed for mobility and is loaded with a suite of advanced features designed to increase productivity while conserving energy. The AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core processors offer leading 32-bit performance for notebooks, as well as 64-bit(2) capability that enhances the capability of the notebook by allowing it to process more information with greater speed and efficiency. Additionally such technology allows users to enjoy the profound visual experience that's possible through Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system.
To deliver a high-definition viewing experience, the Satellite P205D-S7479 comes loaded with an ATI Mobility(TM) Radeon(R) HD 2600 graphics(3) processor, which provides an extraordinary blend of DirectX(R) 10 gaming graphics(3) and crisp video rendering. While the Satellite P205D-S7438 comes with an ATI Radeon(R) Xpress X1200M graphics(3) processor, for a balanced combination of value and performance, offering consumers high-quality images and video fidelity, as well as smooth video playback on a high-definition 17-inch diagonal widescreen display at an affordable price point.
"With the inclusion of AMD's Turion processor and ATI's Mobility Radeon graphics, the new Satellite P205D series is one of the most efficient notebooks in the desktop replacement category," said Jeff Barney, vice president of marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "Performance-minded individuals that require the use of multiple applications simultaneously, demand longer battery life and require reliable wireless Internet will certainly notice the benefits from the AMD Turion technology."
In addition to the enhanced video computing capabilities, the Satellite P205D-S7479 comes with a DVD SuperMulti drive, Labelflash(TM) technology, a built-in Webcam and two built-in Harman Kardon(R) stereo speakers and a sub-woofer for a crisp and lively audio experience.
The new Satellite P205D series is currently available at http://www.toshibadirect.com and at a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide. The following configurations demonstrate the various specifications and price options available within the Satellite P205D series:
Complete product specifications for all the Satellite P205D models are available at http://www.toshibadirect.com.
The Satellite P205D notebook series comes with a standard one-year limited warranty(10), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country, or the customer may utilize any of the more than 4,460 UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. for packaging and delivery of the product to a centralized depot for prompt service. Customers can also choose to upgrade their notebook's limited warranty for up to four years of extended service.
All new Toshiba notebooks are RoHS-compatible(11), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances. Toshiba also offers a computer trade-in and recycling program to reduce environmental impact and promote efficient utilization of resources. All Toshiba computers qualify for free recycling, while non-Toshiba computers and other consumer electronic products can be recycled for a small fee. For more information please visit: http://www.reuse.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile product and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba has more than 191,000 employees worldwide and annual sales of over US $60 billion (FY2006). For more information on Toshiba's leading innovations, visit the company's Web site at http://www.toshiba.com.
1. AMD Processor Technology. CPU performance may vary. See processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
2. 64-Bit Computing. See 64-Bit Computing Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
3. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
4. Prices. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
5. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
6. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
7. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 1000 x 1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
8. Wireless-N. Wireless AGN (802.11a/g/n) adapter is based on a draft release version of the IEEE 802.11n specification and may not be compatible with, or support all features (e.g., security) of, certain Wi-Fi(R) equipment.
9. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware, or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
10. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
11. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
(C) 2007 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.