The Satellite E105 is a special laptop, and we are delighted with the result and the opportunity to bring this impressive machine to market.
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) October 7, 2008
The laptop offers a sleek and stylish new design and unique features directly inspired by Best Buy customer feedback and Toshiba market research. The companies worked together as part of Best Buy's Blue Label(tm) series, to meet the specific requests for what consumers want from their consumer electronic devices.
In a survey conducted by Best Buy to find what its customers want in their "ideal laptop," it was discovered that consumers wished most for longer battery life, a thin and lightweight design, a superb warranty, and the ability to see the keyboard in poor lighting conditions like on an airplane or in the family room during movie night. This survey helped validate the research that Toshiba frequently conducts to help ensure that it best serves the desires of consumers.
To meet these desires the Satellite E105 offers up to 5.5 hours of battery(1) life, which exceeds what other standard equipped 14.1-inch laptops are traditionally capable. Weighing less than 5 pounds(2), the Satellite E105 is lighter than most in its class, and at only 1.2-inches thin, is slimmer too. Also, by incorporating an intuitive backlit keyboard users have a creative solution for working in a variety of low light conditions. Each laptop comes with a standard two-year Toshiba international limited warranty(3), 30 days of free Geek Squad support, and a 15-month Norton Anti Virus subscription to ensure dependable long-term system performance.
Through an emphasis on aesthetics, the Satellite E105 flaunts a sophisticated Mocha color pattern with the luster of Toshiba's Fusion™ finish. The laptop's detail-orientated design extends to its undercarriage, which is made of a single-piece bottom panel and meticulously accented rubber feet. Feather-Touch LED multimedia control buttons are included to further contribute to the Satellite E105's modern design. The collective features and design elements of the Satellite E105 help create a finished and modern appeal.
"Toshiba's aim is to produce high quality laptops with features that consumers look for, and our combined effort with Best Buy has helped us further realize this goal," said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "The Satellite E105 is a special laptop, and we are delighted with the result and the opportunity to bring this impressive machine to market."
The Satellite E105 is loaded with Windows Vista 64-bit(4) Home Premium, 4GB of RAM(5) and an Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 mobile processor(6), accommodating users who require maximum performance for strenuous processing hungry activities, including multimedia activities such as watching movies, streaming online video and music.
The Satellite E105 has achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronic Council's Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT), which reduces the amount of harmful e-waste commonly found within consumer electronic products.
With a starting price of $1,249.99(7), the Satellite E105 is available Best Buy retail stores nationwide or online at http://www.BestBuy.com. Detailed product information is available at http://www.explore.toshiba.com/E105.
The following indicates the specifications and price associated with the Satellite E105:
Satellite E105-S1402 Unique Specifications (ESUP $1,249.99(7))
· Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium (SP1, 64-bit(4) version)
· Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo mobile processor P8400(6)
· 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory(5)
· 320GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA HDD(8)
· DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) with Labelflash(TM) drive
· 14.1-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite(R) TFT LCD display
· Mobile Intel(R) graphics(9) Media accelerator 4500MHD
· Built-in Webcam and microphone
· Intel(R) Wi-Fi 802.11(a/g/n)(10)
· Bluetooth(R) version 2.1 + EDR
· Extended 2-year manufacturer warranty(3)
Multimedia: Satellite E105
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile product and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing US$76 billion. For more information on Toshiba's leading innovations, visit the company's Web site at http://www.toshiba.com.
1. Battery Life. May vary considerably from specifications depending on product model, configuration, applications, power management settings. See Battery Life Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
2. Weight. Weight may vary. See Weight Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
3. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
4. 64-Bit Computing. See 64-Bit Computing Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
5. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
6. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
7. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
8. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 1000 x 1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
9. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
10. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba, today unveiled its new 14.1-inch Satellite(R) E105 laptop, exclusively available at Best Buy stores nationwide: The Satellite E105 Gives Consumers What They Want in Design and Performance
Toshiba, laptop, Best Buy