SAN MATEO, Calif. (PRWEB) February 09, 2012
The sixth annual Satmetrix® Net Promoter® Conference in San Francisco concluded last Friday, following an impressive two-day program featuring the next wave of customer experience best practices and social media integration. More than 450 business leaders from 19 countries attended this year’s conference, which included more than 30 sessions led by industry thought leaders and corporate executives from companies that are successfully using Net Promoter to improve customer loyalty and business performance.
Satmetrix CEO Richard Owen kicked off the conference, discussing the state of Net Promoter in the social era. Owen pointed out that social media has become a critical channel to gain insights on customer experience, leading to new applications of Net Promoter with social media. His colleague, Dr. Laura Brooks, introduced the Satmetrix SparkScore™ which applies the Net Promoter methodology to unstructured online comments, opinions and reviews – a major new advancement in the Net Promoter approach. By integrating social media sources with Net Promoter scores (NPS®) from customer feedback surveys, companies will gain a 360-degree view of the customer experience that will further empower them to increase brand loyalty, reduce customer churn and mobilize promoters.
On day two, Fred Reichheld, Bain Fellow and co-developer of Net Promoter, highlighted the importance of employee loyalty and the growing trend for companies to use NPS with employee feedback. Reichheld stressed the importance of connecting employee engagement with customer engagement: companies must improve their employees’ experience so they are inspired and empowered to deliver an exceptional customer experience. He noted several leading brands, including Rackspace, Apple and JetBlue Airways, that have successfully incorporated employee NPS into their overall customer loyalty and Net Promoter system.
Other keynote speakers at the conference included:
- Tom Feeney, president and CEO, Safelite AutoGlass, shared how his company has differentiated in the auto repair sector by placing employees first and encouraging them to go above and beyond the call of duty to delight customers, resulting in a 75 percent growth in revenues since 2007.
- Stephanie Comfort, executive vice president of corporate strategy and development, CenturyLink, discussed how the business is using customer experience as the focal point for a common brand and culture, and the role NPS plays as a measure of the company’s progress.
- Rob Markey, partner, Bain & Company, highlighted new Bain & Company analysis that links NPS and growth across many industries and geographies, as well as best practices for understanding the dynamics of organic growth within industries.
- Wayne Peacock, executive vice president of member experience, USAA, shared how USAA is creating ease and intimacy in the virtual setting (e.g. web, mobile and social media) to ensure a seamless customer experience across all channels, driving the company’s best-in-class NPS performance.
- Mark Grindeland, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, TeleTech, talked about the evolution of customer segmentation and the importance of social media influence as a key factor in understanding customer value.
- Lanham Napier, CEO of Rackspace, ended the conference by sharing his approach to “fanatical support,” with NPS as the key measure of greatness from the boardroom to the front-line team members who serve clients every day.
Additional details on all San Francisco conference sessions are available in the blogs at http://www.netpromoter.com. Site visitors can also download presentations from the Case Studies area by registering as a member.
The next Satmetrix Net Promoter Conference will take place in London on June 14-15. Satmetrix will also present its Net Promoter Associate Certification course throughout the spring, with upcoming training courses in London, March 13-15, New York, April 17-19 and Singapore, May 16-18. Visit http://www.netpromoter.com/training for more information.
About Net Promoter®
Net Promoter is both a customer loyalty metric and a discipline for using customer feedback to fuel profitable growth in businesses. Developed by Satmetrix, Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld, the concept was first popularized through Reichheld’s book The Ultimate Question, and further explored by Richard Owen and Dr. Laura Brooks in Answering the Ultimate Question, which takes an in-depth look at how leading companies are using Net Promoter to drive business improvements around the customer experience. Net Promoter has been embraced by leading companies worldwide as the standard for measuring and improving customer loyalty.
Satmetrix is the leading provider of cloud-based customer experience software for companies worldwide. As co-developer of the industry-leading Net Promoter® methodology, its applications deliver full process support to help companies reduce customer churn, mobilize loyal promoters, generate more powerful insights and drive customer obsession through accountability. With experience on more than 700 deployments in 40 languages, Satmetrix has the knowledge to accelerate the success of customer experience efforts using Net Promoter. Satmetrix is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif. with offices in London, New York, Paris and India.
Net Promoter, Net Promoter Score and NPS are trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company, Inc. and Fred Reichheld. Satmetrix, the Satmetrix logo and Satmetrix SparkScore are trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc.