Saunatec's FSC certification demonstrates a commitment to purchase wood from forests that have responsible forest management and provide fair and safe working conditions for their employees.
Cokato, MN (PRWEB) December 26, 2011
In December 2011, Saunatec was awarded FSC Chain of Custody certification and will begin producing saunas using FSC certified lumber, upon request. Saunatec’s divisions, Amerec, Finnleo, Helo, Tylo US, Polar, and McCoy Sauna & Steam], will each offer sauna room packages with the FSC lumber harvested from responsibly managed forests. FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) is the only wood certification program recognized by GBCI (Green Building Certification Institute) for use in LEED® projects. LEED green building certification program is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of green buildings.
From architects, to contractors, to owners, the desire to include green building practices in construction is evermore present. Saunatec’s FSC certification, demonstrates a commitment to purchase wood from forests that have responsible forest management and provide fair and safe working conditions for their employees. This certification provides assurance to the sauna buyers and users their saunas have been manufactured with care and pride, with environmentally friendly practices beginning at the point of wood harvest. Sauna rooms with Saunatec’s FSC Certification, contribute toward LEED credits and numerous green building programs.
Features of these rooms will include:
● FSC certified tongue and groove boards for the walls and ceiling
● Benches constructed using FSC certified S4S wood for bench tops and internal framing.
● Heater guard rail and Sauna trim/moulding manufactured of FSC materials
● Dri-Dek vinyl interlocking flooring. Dri-dek is very durable and features anti-microbial properties to maintain a more sanitary environment
● All-glass door hung on FSC certified door jamb
● The sauna heater and control matched for the sauna room size and features selected by customer.
To learn more about these room packages, contact our corporate office at 1-800-346-6536, and a salesperson will assist you with your needs.
# # #