Houston, TX (Vocus) July 13, 2010
Summer is already getting into full swing, but consumers still have plenty of time to save big. WhiteFence, a company devoted to helping Americans save money, is here to help with a list of seven simple summer savings tips.
- Stay cool with a fan – Fans use far less energy than an air-conditioning unit and can save on electricity bills. Keeping a fan in each room can make the temperature four degrees cooler for the same power as a light bulb.
- Cut landscaping costs – Professional landscaping companies do a great job, but charge for their hard work. Keeping the yard looking great doesn’t have to cost a mint, as do-it-yourself service is almost free.
- Keep the kids at home – Entertaining kids home from school can get expensive fast. Shopping for a fully-loaded cable tv package at WhiteFence can keep the kids at home and out of expensive movie theatres.
- Find a lower electricity rate – High temperatures mean high cooling bills. By comparing electricity options on WhiteFence and finding a low rate, consumers can slash their electricity bill.
- Fire up the grill – Resist the urge to splurge by eating at home instead of going out to eat. Search online for fresh summer recipes to cook at home to keep food bills low. Save even more by using seasonal produce, as buying in season saves money.
- Bundle up and save – While bundling sounds like an activity more appropriate for winter, combining home phone, broadband Internet and TV service is a savvy move year-round. Ordering all three services with one provider at WhiteFence can save time and money, both of which are in short supply during the summer.
- Fix up the house – Summer can be a great time for home improvements and certain projects can end up saving a bundle on the electricity bill. Installing radiant barrier or upgrading insulation can boost energy efficiency and save money at the same time.
For five more great summer savings tips, consumers can check out the WhiteFence blog.
WhiteFence has made it their mission to connect every consumer with the best home services for less and has already helped over 5.5 million Americans. The free service is the nation’s leading resource to discover, compare and order electricity, natural gas, home phone, high-speed Internet and television service. With big summer bills looming, this is the perfect time for consumers to save at WhiteFence.
WhiteFence is a free service that helps people find the best deals on phone, Internet, television, electricity, natural gas and other home services. By simply entering a street address into the secure site, people looking to save money or start new service can find the most comprehensive list of plans available for their specific address from over 400 nationally recognized partners. As a trusted home service shopping source for 24 million people annually, WhiteFence makes it easy to establish service directly on the site in a few simple steps.