Houston, TX (Vocus) September 21, 2010
Today is the last day of summer and tomorrow marks the beginning of fall. WhiteFence, the nation’s leading site to compare, connect and save on home services, has a list of eight simple ways consumers can save all season long.
- Prepare the House for the Cold – To help make the most of their natural gas use, consumers should get their house ready for the cold by changing air filters, closing any vents in unused rooms and upgrading insulation
- Stay Home and Watch TV – Instead of spending money at the movies and sporting events, consumers can save money by staying home to watch movies on on-demand and sports in HD with inexpensive TV service
- Stock Up for Next Summer – This is the best time to find deals on summer-themed items such as lawn mowers, grills and swimsuits
- Bundle Up and Save – Shopping for bundled services that include high-speed Internet, home phone and TV service can easily save consumers hundreds of dollars per year
- Upgrade Appliances – Switching to Energy Star certified appliances before the holidays can help save on electricity bills not just this fall, but for years to come
- Buy a Car – Consumers that have been planning on buying a new car should make their move in the fall to take advantage of dealers’ specials as they try to sell last year’s models
- Find a Low Natural Gas Rate – Consumers in deregulated natural gas markets can compare natural gas rates on WhiteFence to find the best plan in their area
- Buy In-Season Food – Now that they’re in season, consumers can save on apples, oranges, cranberries, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach and more
For more great fall savings tips, consumers can check out the WhiteFence blog.
About WhiteFence: WhiteFence is a free service that helps people find the best deals on phone, Internet, television, electricity, natural gas and other home services. By simply entering a street address into the secure site, people looking to save money or start new service can find the most comprehensive list of plans available for their specific address from over 400 nationally recognized partners. As a trusted home service shopping source for 24 million people annually, WhiteFence makes it easy to establish electricity, natural gas, broadband, home phone, television and bundle services directly on the site in a few simple steps.