Because Scan2Contacts works directly from within Outlook, there is no new software to learn or interface with, which results in quicker, easier automatic loading of new contacts into Microsoft Outlook.
Elmhurst, IL (PRWEB) October 9, 2006
Ambir Technology, Inc., http://www.ambir.com, a manufacturer and marketer of scanners, electronic signature pads and digital imaging software solutions, today announces another industry first -- its Scan2Contacts business card scanning solution that combines OCR (optical character recognition) software with a lightweight, small-footprint Ambir A6 card scanner.
Scan2Contacts is a fully-integrated add-on to Microsoft Outlook, delivering automatic new contact entry into what has become the de facto standard for business users to store contact information. Because it works directly from within Outlook, Scan2Contacts is the only business card scanning solution that eliminates the need for a third party application before information can be imported into Outlook, making it the most simplified and convenient system available to scan business cards into Outlook.
“Business card OCR solutions that create separate databases and require users to manually export records to Microsoft Outlook are not time and cost efficient,” said Al Ingallinera, Ambir Technology vice president, sales and marketing. “Because Scan2Contacts works directly from within Outlook, there is no new software to learn or interface with, which results in quicker, easier automatic loading of new contacts into Microsoft Outlook.”
How It Works
Users simply plug in the Ambir A6 card scanner, open up Outlook and scan business cards. In a matter of seconds, Scan2Contacts automatically inputs both the image and text data directly into a new contact record in Outlook. The included lightweight, space-efficient Ambir scanner is USB powered, therefore it requires no external power supply, making the Scan2Contact system fully mobile and ideal for users looking to scan business cards in the office or on the road.
Business Card Scanning Solution Features
- Streamlines contact management – eliminate manual data entry for quicker input and reduced data errors
- Automatic new contact entry into Outlook – just insert a card, scan, and the new entry is automatically created in just seconds with no need to first scan then import from third party software
- Captures both data and images at 600 optical dpi – digitize and store crisp business card images in addition to text data
Ambir A6 Card Scanner Features
- Scan area – up to 4 inches x 6 inches
- Ideal for travel and ultra compact – weighs only 7.2 ounces and includes carrying case
- Mechanical paper sensor – delivers reliable and effective card scanning
- Connects and powers off USB port – no external power adapter required and no “warm-up” wait time to scan (USB 1.1 hardware; compatible with USB 2.0; USB 1.1 speed performance)
- Commercial grade quality – durable and reliable for frequent and continuous use
- Includes detachable 5 foot USB cable (150 cm)
Pricing and Availability
Available now, the Scan2Contacts solution enabling users to scan business cards directly into Microsoft Outlook costs $199.95 (Model ID700-OCR). It can be purchased directly from Ambir Technology, or from wholesale distributors and leading direct solution providers. All Ambir document, passport and card scanners are backed by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. Extended warranties also are available. For more information, visit http://www.ambir.com. For technical support, call 1-630-530-5400 ext 104.
About Ambir Technology
Founded in 2000, Ambir Technology is a privately-held manufacturer and marketer of scanners, electronic signature pads and digital imaging software solutions for the quick digital capture of documents, IDs, photos and other printed materials. Ambir products are designed to maximize workflow, increase productivity and improve data security while saving time and reducing costs. The company strives to consistently bring the highest quality in innovative new products to market. Beyond its product quality, Ambir is distinguished by its commitment to partnering with solution providers, developers and end users to deliver the best solution to meet each customer's unique digital capture needs.
Ambir Technology, Microsoft, Outlook and Scan2Contacts are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
# # #