e-Scripts are the authorized Acting Editions in Scene Partner’s digital format
- J. Kevin Smith
Norwalk, CT (PRWEB) August 15, 2012
When new Scene Partner 2.1 debuts today Actors and Theaters will get their first look at the digital future with Publisher e-Scripts from Scene Partner.
MyTheaterApps.com, a developer of mobile applications for the theater community, announced that Scene Partner 2.1 is now available on the iTunes AppStore. An award winning app for actors, Scene Partner is a powerful iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch® app that helps actors solve the age-old problem of how to memorize lines.
Actors can now learn lines using their own scripts or choose from a growing collection of Publisher e-Scripts—the authorized Acting Editions designed specifically for use with Scene Partner.
The first selection of titles is offered from leading play publisher Dramatists Play Service starting as low as $9.99 each, including.
- Almost, Maine by John Cariani
- Good People, by David Lindsay-Abaire
- Freud’s Last Session, by Mark St. Germain
- New Jerusalem, by David Ives
- The Motherf**ker with the Hat, by Stephen Adly Guirgis
- The Dixie Swim Club, by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooten
Scene Partner's Publisher e-Scripts include the following features:
- e-Scripts are the authorized Acting Editions in Scene Partner’s digital format
- Actors can use Publisher e-Scripts in Scene Partner on up to 4 of their devices
- It includes a PDF of the printed script that actors can Read in Scene Partner
- Actors can use the features of Scene Partner with the approved Publisher’s Acting Edition*
In addition to e-Scripts, Scene Partner 2.1 also delivers new features, including:
- New Personal script and Public Library pricing is now available with version 2.1
- Personal and Public Library script downloads using iTunes In App Purchase can now be used on up to 4 of devices at no additional cost
- The Scene Partner $1.99 Script Conversion fee is now a one time charge per script
- New functionality has been added for the Premium Edit Feature (available for only $1.99) – Original Script mode
- Now actors can edit the full text of the Original Script they uploaded to Scene Partner - right on their device
- Actors can fix any misspellings, formatting problems or text parsing issues by editing the original file
*Due to copyright restrictions, some Edit features are not available for use with Publisher e-Scripts
Scene Partner has been featured in Variety, BACKSTAGE, Wall Street Journal Online, Stage Directions, Stage Magazine, SETC News and DRAMATICS Magazine:
"Scene Partner is incredibly intuitive and easy to use."
"...forget the highlighters, flash cards and driving friends and family crazy… get your download of SCENE PARTNER, and take preparing for that next role to a higher level."
"…directors will love the program’s library features."
MyTheaterApps.com is the developer of Scene Partner, an award-winning App for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that helps actors learn their lines using their own scripts or by choosing from a growing collection of Publisher e-Scripts—the authorized Acting Editions designed specifically for use with Scene Partner. It merges text-to-speech software from the Acapela Group, voice recording and advanced algorithms to provide a unique and innovative tool for actors. At launch Apple listed it as "New and Noteworthy" on the home page of the App Store. Scene Partner has won multiple awards for design excellence and a 2011 Gold CQIA Innovation Prize.