100 Best Companies to Work For
St. Louis, MO (Vocus) December 15, 2008
Scottrade , a leading branch-supported online investment firm, is launching a comprehensive online education center designed to teach its customers about the stock market and ways to make their own investing decisions.
The new Knowledge Center is available to customers on Scottrade's Trading Web site and features integrated content to provide customers with the knowledge to become better, more educated investors.
- Customers can access the Knowledge Center's educational content in a variety of ways, including roll-over explanations, pop-up definitions and links.
- The robust content spans from the basics of stock trading to more advanced topics, such as technical analysis, and is available in several formats including text, video and flash tutorial formats.
- Sections of the Knowledge Center home page are customizable, offering customers, from beginners to advanced, an opportunity to receive information that fits their needs. To more easily navigate and access information, customers can move sections to different areas of their home page. The font size of the Knowledge Center is also adjustable.
- Other features of the Knowledge Center include a bookmarking feature that enables customers to save topics of interest to revisit at a later date. In addition, a Media Center with Scottrade Webcasts, tutorials, quizzes and other interactive features is available.
- In addition to the Scottrade Trading Web site, which all customers have access to, the Knowledge Center will also be available directly through Scottrade's other trading platforms--Scottrader later this month and ScottradeELITE® in January.
"Scottrade places the same importance on education as we do on $7 trades and outstanding customer service," said Director of Online Financial Services Kevin Dodson, who oversees Scottrade's Customer Education initiative. "The Knowledge Center's abundance of content offers customers an opportunity to learn about areas of investing or trading that they may have previously relied on a full-service broker to provide. Armed with this new knowledge, value-minded customers will be better equipped to make their own investment decisions."
As a leading online investment firm, Scottrade offers a full line of investment products, online trading services and market research tools to help investors take control of their financial future. Scottrade provides customers the convenience of buying many stocks online at just $7 per trade and the support of the largest branch network among online investment firms, with more than 375 nationwide branch offices. Named Highest in Investor Satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates, Scottrade is dedicated to exceptional customer service and unprecedented value. Scottrade is also one of the FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. For more information, visit http://www.scottrade.com.
Amber Talbot, Scottrade
# # #