So we are thrilled that along with providing a fantastic, future-proof service for our tradesman, this achievement has been recognised at the Oracle Retail Week awards.
(PRWeb UK) March 31, 2011
Honoured in the Retail Technology Initiative category at the Oracle Retail Week awards, Screwfix was commended for its ‘Fusion Platform’, a large-scale initiative developed to transform the company’s multi-channel order process.
John Mewett, Marketing Director at Screwfix, said: “The Fusion Platform is something we are very proud of here at Screwfix, and the benefits of the new system are already being enjoyed by the trade, with reduced order times, product recommendations, real time stock checking and a Call, Pay and Collect facility live across the business.
“So we are thrilled that along with providing a fantastic, future-proof service for our tradesman, this achievement has been recognised at the Oracle Retail Week awards.”
The system allows customers to purchase goods across multiple platforms and brands including Plumbfix and Electricfix, and is built with expansion in mind – with further developments such as mobile shopping applications in the pipeline.
Key strengths of the system are:
- The system allows an improved range of promotions to be run across any channel or brand, meaning more deals for the trade.
- The single-system for sales ordering enables tradesmen to place an order far more easily, with transaction time reduced to four minutes.
- The system allows a more secure purchasing experience for tradesman, with improved fraud checks.
- Automated product recommendations make for an easier shopping experience.
- The system offers real time stock checking and Call, Pay and Collect (call and order with the Contact Centre, pay and collect at a local Trade Counter within 15 minutes).
What is the Fusion Platform?
In essence, Fusion provided Screwfix with a single technology platform with integrated applications, to enable the business to run these multiple channels, replace 80 per cent of the previous systems and enable future sales and customer-driven initiatives.
What are the Retail Week awards?
The Oracle Retail Week awards, run by the retail industry’s leading publication, celebrate the great achievements in UK retailing and this year’s event attracted entries from nearly every major name multiple retailer.
Recognised as being “where the trade buys” and promising a fast, reliable service, Screwfix is the UK’s leading multi-channel supplier of thousands of high quality screws, fixings, hand tools, plumbing tools, radiators and electrical supplies. Combining trade prices and a massive range of leading brand name items, Screwfix offers over 18,000 products and is fully committed to customer care and support.
# # #