New York, NY (PRWEB) July 11, 2006
ExactSeek announced the long awaited beta of its new search engine technology. Today's beta release sets the stage for ExactSeek's public testing phase where end users and web site owners can test the system and provide suggestions and feedback on the new search technology. The index contains over 100,000,000 documents and web site submissions are being accepted.
The new search engine will index web content and documents from trusted sources to minimize index spam. It also features new personalization options, news search, weblog search, image search, a categorized directory, and other key features.
Today's beta release highlights a number of innovative search tools:
- Personalization of searches by selecting categories of interest. This boosts the relevancy status of listings in the search index by matching them to the searcher's pre-selected categories.
- "Results with Searches" allows searchers to search on the web sites contained in ExactSeek's index to dig deeper for information.
- "Results with Forms" gives searchers the ability to locate forms on web sites which may be relevant to obtaining more information from that web site.
- Advanced search features which include duplicate results filtering, the ability to narrow your search query and a cached version of the web page/document that was indexed.
- "Safe Search" filtering. Filters out potentially objectionable content from the search results.
- News Search which is consistently updated with the latest headlines.
- Weblog Search bringing you the hottest topics of discussion from around the web.
Mel Strocen, CEO of ExactSeek said, "This beta release is a culmination of over 12 months of work. It took a heavy investment of time, knowledge, and money to make it possible. Like any beta software it's certainly not perfect. However, this is why we decided to open it up to the public. We want to gauge reaction and gather suggestions on what we need to do better. Our goal is to fulfill the needs of search users. Their feedback will play a pivotal role in our new technology's development."
ExactSeek's beta search is available at http://www.exactseek.com
The ExactSeek search engine and directory is a division of Jayde Online, Inc. The new ExactSeek search engine encompasses over 100 Million documents and indexes the web for the most authoritative sources of information. ExactSeek was founded in 2002 and has offices in Winnipeg, Canada and San Jose, California.
For more information visit: http://www.exactseek.com
Joseph M. Holcomb
Public and Media Relations Director