The opportunities raised by Virtual Appliances have been further than we first expected. We are delighted with the response we get from the market and our existing customers and partners.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Paris, France (PRWEB) August 08, 2012
SecurActive today announced that it will exhibit at the VMworld conference from August 26th to 30th 2012 to introduce its new range of Network & Application Performance Monitoring Virtual Appliances, Performance Vision (Booth 2611).
Boris Rogier, Managing Director of SecurActive explains why virtualization is a market driver for Network & Application Performance monitoring and how SecurActive has leveraged the possibilities offered by VMWare to address the challenges raised by virtualization. “Almost any organization relying on IT to run its business operations now takes advantage of the capabilities provided by virtualization to make its datacenter more reliant, secure and cost effective. VMWare, the virtualization leader, is chosen by most of our customers to run their servers and manage their resources."
Although virtualization provides fantastic operational and economic improvements to our customers, it also creates challenges when it comes to performance monitoring:
- Distribution of applications over several active datacenters;
- Dynamic resource allocation and transparent moves of servers;
- Appearance of virtual traffic, which cannot be captured on the physical network.
To respond to the new conditions set by distributed virtualized datacenter infrastructure, SecurActive provides, since May 2012, a new set of Network & Application Performance Management (NAPM) devices, available as Virtual Appliances for VMWare environments.
This new range of products makes it possible to adapt Network & Application Performance Management to the new rules set by virtualization in terms of monitoring:
- Deploying numerous virtual probes at an acceptable cost (CapEx and OpEx, on a per ESX basis);
- Being able to capture virtual traffic with the help of VMWare native functionalities (e.g. vSwitch and Virtual Distributed Switch);
Concentrating all monitoring data for both physical and virtual traffic into a single information base, making the distribution and dynamic features almost transparent from a performance management point of view. “
Thanks to the tools provided by VMWare, SecurActive also benefits from the capabilities provided by Virtual Appliances:
- The evaluation of Performance Vision by potential users is easier than ever (wherever they are located in the world).
- Thanks to the deployment facilities provided by vSphere, SecurActive customers now can increase the coverage of their monitoring infrastructure to further locations and expand their visibility on their Corporate network.
- Virtualization is also key to deliver solutions at rates which are acceptable to all customers, be them smaller organizations requiring lower entry prices or larger ones requiring the possibility to get a global coverage at acceptable rates.
For Boris Rogier: “The opportunities raised by Virtual Appliances have been further than we first expected. We are delighted with the response we get from the market and our existing customers and partners. Our Virtual Appliance has been recently listed on VMWare VSX Exchange platform. This is an important axis for the development of our company. Being present at VMWorld with our partner EdgeWorx was a natural choice.”
SecurActive (http://www.securactive.net) is a leading vendor in the Application Performance Monitoring and network visibility markets.
SecurActive provides a range of innovative solutions that helps IT managers obtain a global vision of infrastructure and application performance & usage.
With SecurActive Performance Vision, they can listen to flows on strategic points of their network in order to measure end-user's Quality of Experience (QoE), all network traffic and transactions undertaken.
More than 500 customers use SecurActive for their daily network operations.