System infection, personal data theft, and other forms of cybercrime have become pervasive, demanding greater vigilance from PC owners to ensure effective protection
Red Bank, NJ (PRWEB) October 28, 2009
Privacyware (http://www.privacyware.com)], an innovative provider of web application security, desktop defense and security data analytics software, today announced the latest version of its award-winning PC security software, Privatefirewall 7 and the elimination of the software license fee for consumers and business installations.
Privatefirewall is a Personal Firewall and Host Intrusion Prevention application designed to help individuals and businesses protect Windows desktops and servers from malware and unauthorized use. Privatefirewall addresses the operating system and application level vulnerabilities and intrusion techniques that hackers exploit to gain access and cause damage to private systems and data.
"System infection, personal data theft, and other forms of cybercrime have become pervasive, demanding greater vigilance from PC owners to ensure effective protection," said Privacyware CEO, Greg Salvato. "By eliminating the license fee for Privatefirewall, we're making it easier for consumers and businesses globally to prevail in an increasingly sophisticated and dangerous online environment with our award-winning personal firewall and proactive HIPS solution."
Privatefirewall provides an excellent layer of additional protection to the Windows 7 operating system. Beyond unparalleled personal firewall protection, Privatefirewall leverages proprietary HIPS technologies that model and monitor system and application behavior to identify and block activity characteristic of known malware, hacking, phishing and other threat types.
Other Key Privatefirewall Components Include:
- Microsoft Windows® 7 compatible - XP Pro, Vista and Windows 7 (32/64 bit).
- Easy-to-use and powerful out-of-box protection.
- Signature-less Anti-Malware and Intrusion Defense - Learns normal system and application usage based on an array of critical variables and detects and blocks any untrusted activity.
- Intelligent Tray Alerts - Compact, user-friendly tray alerts provide detailed information regarding security events, offer native web search for convenient investigation, and pre-set intelligent "time-out" responses.
- Ultimate Application Control - Highly configurable Application Control Console enables you to specify which and precisely how applications can access the Internet.
- Advanced packet filtering - Proprietary stateful packet inspection technology monitors all communication between the PC and the Internet and detects and blocks all unauthorized traffic.
- Process Detection - Prevents viruses, trojans, worms and other malware by tracking all trusted processes and provides alerts when potentially malicious processes attempt to run.
- Automatic Detection of Trusted IPs - for Home, Office and Remote locations.
- Stealth Mode - makes your PC is invisible when online and stealth to potential intruders.
- Port Tracking and Reporting - All ports are monitored to prohibit unauthorized scanning and system intrusion. Detailed reports are generated on all port scans and other reconnaissance attempts.
Privatefirewall ranks among the best performing desktop defense applications tested against the industry's most rigorous leak, general bypass, spying and termination tests and is among a short list of Personal Firewall and host intrusion prevention software (HIPS) products that fully supports Microsoft's Windows 7 Operating System.
Pricing and Availability
Privatefirewall 7 is free and available now. Visit http://www.privacyware.com to download today. Privatefirewall supports Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, and XP. Private label and OEM licensing and integration options are also available to ISVs, ISPs and hardware and peripheral equipment vendors.
Privacyware (http://www.privacyware.com) is an innovative provider of award-winning web application firewall, intrusion prevention and security data analytics software. Privacyware products leverage conventional and neural analytics technologies to help systems administrators, IT security and compliance personnel more effectively identify, understand and prevent malicious, unauthorized and/or deviant computing system activity. Privacyware is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
CONTACT: Gregory Salvato - Privacyware, (732)-212-8110, x235. sales(at)privacyware.com
Privacyware and Privatefirewall are registered trademarks of Privacyware/PWI, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.