San Francisco women have reportedly experienced a heightened level of apprehension due to the increase of assaults
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 23, 2012
Krav Maga San Francisco is encouraging people to always remain vigilant of their surroundings, and is offering five self defense tips. These tips, along with a basic knowledge of self defense, are only beneficial.
“San Francisco women have reportedly experienced a heightened level of apprehension due to the increase of assaults,” Gail Foland of Krav Maga San Francisco said. “The assailants perfected their routines: approach the female from behind, throwing her to the ground with
a quick punch to the face or a spray of mace into the eyes in order to grab valuables. The attackers typically worked in pairs or more, enabling them to flee the scene in a getaway car.”
Krav Maga instructor Rick Armstrong is sharing the following five self-defense tips:
1) Display confidence--the attackers are searching for a victim; in particular, they are searching for people who walk looking down at the street with their shoulders slouched. The first and foremost tip is to exude confidence with the head held high, shoulders back and to not be afraid to look people directly in the eyes.
2) Be cautious of the surroundings and activity at all times so that in the event of being confronted, there is time to immediately recognize the potential danger, and react by either fighting or fleeing, but not freezing. Avoiding the short cut route through the dark alleyway and taking the long way would be the best option.
3) Prevent distraction, which stops a person from being attentive to the environment. Such distractions include talking on the phone, listening to music with earphones, texting, etc. These types of individuals are known as targets.
4) Be prepared. Always have something handy or within reach, including keys, a flashlight, pepper spray, etc.
5) Keep the mentality of getting home safe, whether in a situation necessary to fight or flee. Do what it takes to survive and arrive home safely.
For more information about Krav Maga San Francisco's services, call 415-658-9226, view the fitness center on the Web at http://www.kravmaga-sf.com or visit 1455 Bush St. in San Francisco.
About Krav Maga San Francisco
Krav Maga San Francisco (KMSF) is the only affiliate of Krav Maga Worldwide (KMW) in the Bay Area. Krav Maga Worldwide is the largest reality-based, self-defense organization in the world with more than 240 licensed schools, more than 500 law enforcement and government agencies, and multiple specialized military units trained.
KMSF’s exclusive membership provides one week of free access to all KMW affiliates and training centers, including those in North America, Asia and Europe. This affiliation ensures that all Krav Maga instructors are certified and have passed the rigorous standards of KMW instructor certification. Members will benefit from the best instructors in the Bay Area, guaranteeing the quality and consistency that is deserved.
Krav Maga San Francisco is a two-floor, 12,000-square-foot training facility, offering more than 60 classes, seven days per week. It also offers CrossFit, self-defense training, conditioning, KO Bag and fitness classes.
Membership allows access to unlimited classes, seven days per week, including the weight room and bag room. Contact Krav Maga San Francisco for a free, three-day pass.